No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], thanks for the week of great quotes, and the narrative added greatly to them! Now you’ve got time to get seven more ready for your next turn!

I’m also missing [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] and her posts! Hopefully her and her hubby are doing okay! My thoughts and prayers are with her everyday….

Another good day in the field, but the beer clouds are moving in again tonight! I’ve got the SanPel on ice just in case!

Last edited by abcowboy; September 30, 2017, 10:44 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wow, Made it through Sunday, a real risky day .Quite happy. Rewatched a movie Limitless that I initially saw a couple of years ago ,The time I joined this site and a movie that motivated the longest quit of beer and cigs in years. I guess I really connected with Eddie, the character played by Bradley Cooper and wanted to be free of all the brain fog and it really did help motivate me both in fitness, diet and wanting to be my best mental clearest self Limitless (211) - IMDb

Since watching it again, I also didn't buy another pack today when I ran out and happy with that too. I have also explored the vaping kit option which may not be a bad idea. I just don't want all tar and other shit in my body. Its weird you can get Vape kits in Australia, but not buy the nicotine liquid hereas it's illegal, however, you can buy it from New Zealand and get it shipped here legally. Takes 3 days VAPO | Vape NZ - E Cigarette & E Liquid Shop So here's for another 24

We also have our new relocated Gym reopening tomorrow with discounted packages, so going to that too

Some words of wisdom on Vaping from Mario here. He still leaves his legacy https://www.mywayout.org/community/g...tobacco-2.html
      Last edited by Neo; October 1, 2017, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Late here today at 13:41.. Asking for 24 more hours for myself and everyone here..

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas another 24 please ,Ssd,thank you for the great quotes this week!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Checking in for 24 for me and my friends here.

Comment

“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in.”

7:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me, and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy
              Last edited by abcowboy; October 1, 2017, 08:51 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] for all the links. I've been wanting to learn more about e-cigs and vaping to see if I can help my son get off cigs.

Thanks @ssd855 for a great week of quotes!

It looks like you have stepped up to fill Wildflowers week, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I loved the quote today. It's so appropriate on many levels! Timely, too.

24 more for me. In spite of all the nonsense going on in the NFL, we'll be watching today's Browns/Bengals battle. I'm a Brown's fan, Mr. D is a Bengal's fan. So at the end of the day, at least one of us will be happy! LOL! The NFL should have followed our rules in the Café and checked politics at the door! What a mess!
                Last edited by dill; October 1, 2017, 09:09 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yep [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], look like y'all are stuck with my daily quotes for a couple of weeks lol. If anyone else would like to get on the schedule for doing the daily inspiration quote just let me know! So far we have dill, lifechange, Orimus, SSD, Wildflowers (when she returns), and me...

We combined till 3 in the morning and beat the rain! It's pretty wet out there this morning, going to stay inside today, relax, and maybe even do a bit of baking!

Comment

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], I used vapors for 3 years and went from 24mg/ml to 0 over that period. I got frustrated after time when the battery would die or it would spill and then I would touch it and rub my eyes or something like that. Well Nicotine is used as a pesticide and it burns quite badly. I continued with a love hate relationship in regards to vapor. In theory it actually killed my cat as cats are allergic to Propylene Glycol. I have nice quality vapors but none are created equal. They worked really well as I think I told you before because I could vapor without putting out the cigarette on the way into the grocer. Turns out it was hard to manage the quantity and I found certain vapors better than others.

I have an eGo ONE on a pressa 40 watt. I own about 3 that cost about 120$ CAD each (tank and in combination) and manufactured coils titanium and nickle. I clean my coils because they tend to get expensive.

I stopped using them when one POPPED at me and scalded my throat and it hurt like hell.

Limitless was a great movie and I watched it numerous times. Nootropics are an interesting topic and there are interesting documentaries about them.
                    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                      24hrs for me please & Thanx you x
                      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

7:49 here and looking for 24 more AF hours!!!!!:welldone:

Comment

24 more for me please. Super busy here this week, work everyday until next Monday, 2 days out of town, I'll try to check in everyday.

Comment

24 More here. Day 1 of Cig quit done and even passed the cig isle in supermarket. Eating well and have bought some cranberry Juice for these next 2 days of quit

Comment

5:17 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Simplifying your life may not be as simple as it sounds but you will be able to simplify your life when you get clear and focus on what is most important to you."

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy

I was happy to see your posts this morning [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! My thoughts and prayers go out to the Las Vegas victims and their families, may the Lord give them the strength they need to get through this senseless tragedy....

Comment

Working...
                                X