~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Thanksgiving to our northern neighbors. 24 more for me too please.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

5:07 am in Vegas another 24 please and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking."

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

And a Happy Columbus Day to all my friends south of the border!

Well, I made it! Today I become a member of the Quad Club! My last AF goal is to die a happy sober man, so I'll just keep moving in that direction!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's a pretty special Thanksgiving day for me so I figured I'd rustle up a special Thanksgiving dinner for all my friends here!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION], 1000 congratulations to you!

1 more day for me, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Just after 1 pm here in Jersey on a wet Monday afternoon. I'll take another 24 hours please and happy thanksgiving to our neighbors to the north!

Mentalists
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] congratulations on 1000 days well done:sohappy:

Looks like I need to study a bit more harder, got my exams in 2/3 weeks. I need to be going in extra days now in college, if am not posting it because am busy, finding it a bit hard started crying today on my way home. I know I should have more trust in myself that I can do this, but my head say that am not going to get it. Anyway my partner was good & supported me tonight and went through a few things with me, which really helped me. But it has made me realised I need to keep going over & over my work. The last time I study was at school. My partner said I need to stop being hard on myself, I know his right, but I find it hard & put myself down. Am not going to give up so will check on here when I get time.
                But it will always be for me 24hrs please, & thank you all. X
                Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] - it’s going to be okay. A little nerves before exams is natural. :thumbsup:
                  [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] - ye ha!! Way to go on 1000. And thank you for everything you do for us not only here in the cafe, but also in our af journeys. You serve it up right.

See y’all tomorrow.
                  Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Good afternoon from Scotland
                    Congratulations on your 1000 days abcowboy.

I'll have another 24 please

Comment

4:55 in Vegas another 24 please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good afternoon from Scotland
                        Congratulations on your 1000 days abcowboy.

I'll have another 24 please

Comment

"A goal without a plan is just a wish."

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks everyone! It's back to our regular scheduled programming now
                          Oops, sorry Pauly!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; October 10, 2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hey I checked in!

Comment

Wow, what a Thanksgiving day for Cowboy! Congrats!
                              24 more please.

Comment

[MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION], please don't get too upset with things. You need to have faith in yourself! Years and years ago I was taking a course that was over my head in many ways. I told the prof I would probably have to drop the course. He was a kindly man. He said I needed to stay right where I was and I would be just fine. So, I did. And I was! However, there was also a class I took later on (statistics) that was definitely over my head. I had to take that one twice! LOL. I dropped out before I failed it so as to save my GPA. But I did get it on the second go. But, I am with Marylou. You will be fine!

24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; October 10, 2017, 12:26 PM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X