~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

2:21 here in Jersey on a sunny Tuesday afternoon. Just hitting 80 f. It is October, right? lol I'll take another 24 please!
    [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION], you'll be fine. Where most people go wrong is tensing up so just breathe. Focus on the information not on the outcome. I would suggest some sort of routine about an hour before bed to unwind after studying. (I take probably closer to two. End most nights 1. Meditate 2. Yoga or Chi Qong 3. Shower 4. Read for pleasure. (no studying or reading for work here) A good night's rest helps cement what you've been learning during the day.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24hrs please, & thank you
      Thanks folks you got me thinking that I not realise that when you study you need to give the brain a rest to digestives all the information that I have learn that day.
      Thanks for your support feel a lot better today
      Formerly known as Teardrop:l
      sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
      my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

8.40 am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please

Comment

4:35 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Finally, a full day off with no obligations! Not going to waste it drinking.
            24 more for me and my friends here, please.

Comment

Way to go cowboy!! Congrats!
              [MENTION=387]CAT[/MENTION]ch - you definitely need to give your brain breaks in studying! When you take a break your brain still
              processes what you have been studying. Lots of short study sessions are best since you tend to retain
              the material from the beginning and end of the session most! College teacher here

So worried about my family up in northern California - the fires are crazy. My brother had to evacuate Sunday at 3 a.m. - got to return home yesterday afternoon and then had to evacuate last night again. Praying for them.
              This has been crazy - other brother had to evacuate Key West last month.
              Last edited by ssd858; October 11, 2017, 07:19 AM.

Comment

"As your faith is strengthened you will find that there is no longer the need to have a sense of control, that things will flow as they will, and that you will flow with them, to your great delight and benefit."

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=9531]catch22[/MENTION] abcowboy

C22, if you can give up drinking, going back to school should be a walk in the park! Just remind yourself you can do anything you set your mind to!

Hopefully your brother's possessions will be as safe as he is SSD!

Enjoy your day off Mr V!
                Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2017, 07:30 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I will pray for them too, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION]. It has been horrible watching the fires.

24 more here in Ohio, please!
                  Last edited by dill; October 11, 2017, 07:42 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

10:30 here in Jersey and things are quiet and gray settling at room temps. Another 24 please.
                    [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I'll have to keep the short study sessions in mind. Thoughts for your family.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I had a friend from rehab reach out to me. I use a variety of medications that might threaten him. Though he works for one of the leading science institutes and everything I know about him he has tried everything. How do you reach out to someone that has done every type of rehab. He contacted me so I had the opening.

I respect this person a lot.
                      Last edited by empyr3al; October 11, 2017, 10:23 AM.
                      "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Emp - has he tried MWO?
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

no it takes a certain type of person to try a forum

One who has no shame. Or has continued sobriety.
                          Last edited by empyr3al; October 11, 2017, 05:16 PM.
                          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Greetings all, It's a cool fall day here.
                            24 more hours please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I guess I have no shame Empry..5:15 am in Vegas another 24 porfavor
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"Be okay with not knowing for sure what might come next, but know that whatever it is, you will be okay."

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X