~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

8:25 PM! here in central Florida - late check in for me. I had a wonderful day today - drove to Tampa to have lunch with a dear friend. I drive thru a part of the state called The Green Swamp. It is so beautiful right now - with all the rain we’ve gotten this month, the water level is very high bringing out more wild life than usual. Saw several sand cranes just hanging around enjoying their lush surroundings and lots of beautiful countryside.

Emp - personally, I was racked with gsr and knew nothing about forums when I came here. This is the only forum I participate in - heck, I have trouble with group text msgs. :egad:. I hope your friend finds a way that works for him. Whatever that may be, I know your presence/compassionate ear and advice will be to his benefit.

Time for a decaf - have a peaceful next 24 friends.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

I enjoyed reading about your drive [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]. I felt for a moment like I was in Florida!

24 please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

1.00pm here in Scotland
        and another 24 please

Comment

24 more for me please, and thanks.

Comment

"Some of us are so self-reliant that we won't ask for help from our family members or close friends. You can't do it all, all the time, by yourself."

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

I love a quiet drive Marylou... just me, my thoughts, and the surroundings!

As I was reading through the quotes this morning, today's quote jumped out at me because it is soooo me! And not just when I tried giving up booze, but in every aspect of my life. I've slowly come around to knowing that it's okay to ask for help, no matter what it is I need help with...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love a quiet drive too [MENTION=12714]Marylou[/MENTION] this forum was my first one ever too I didn't know what I was doing and had to have my youngest daughter help me haha,all I can say is I'm grateful for smart phones or I'd have never found this place all those years ago cuz I was never on the computer much,5:43 am another 24 of peace in myself please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Well, there’s a lucky-to-be-alive porcupine out here today! We were straight cutting the last field of wheat and I happened to see a porcupine running ahead of the combine header. I noticed it just in time to lift the header and go right over top of it! The wheels on the header just brushed by it and it scurried out to the side without getting hurt. If you want to know how sharp the quills are, have a look at these!

Last edited by abcowboy; October 13, 2017, 12:48 PM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wow Cowboy! Unbelievable that they pierced the tires,crazy stuff!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Those quills are amazing! I've never seen a porcupine other than in pictures. I hope never to come close to one!

I'm ashamed to admit that I fell off course yesterday. I'm feeling pretty low this morning. I'm back at it today. Still dark here. Waiting for the sun. 24 please.
                    Last edited by dill; October 14, 2017, 05:58 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:21 am in Vegas another 24 for myself and my friends here

Comment

"Don't close the book when bad things happen in your life, just turn the page and begin a new chapter."

6:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

There's lots of porcupines up in our country, we always are on guard so that Hank doesn't get tangled up with one!

Looks like the 2017 harvest will be put on hold for a bit, woke up to a winter wonderland this morning!

I think today's quote is the one for you dill, just turn the page... you can do this, never give up hope!

Comment

We have yet to have our first frost of the season, cowboy. I can't believe you have snow on the ground! Thanks for the encouragement. I will definitely turn the page. I hope that is the last time!
                          Dill

Comment

it's 3:44 p.m. here and I'm happy to be in the middle of an AF day..

Comment

Been busy the last few days. Got my test this Thursday, can't wait til it over 😊
                              Another 24hrs for me please thank you.
                              Keep safe & strong everyone x
                              Formerly known as Teardrop:l
                              sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
                              my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
                                ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Hello friends. It is still dark here. The sunlight grows shorter with each passing day here. But we can give ourselves the gift of the light; of clear heads and hearts. Let's all give ourselves the gift of 24 hours of freedom.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X