~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

OH and 24 more I posted in a pretty dead thread yesterday something, so I might just copy and paste it here or newbies for at least a response Which thread has most people talking about depression and pharma on MWO. I get so confused!
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

[MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION], I don't know which threads cover those topics, depression and pharma bc I rarely post anywhere but here and gratitude. Altho I do read around other threads when I am feeling the tug. I find lots of good reading these days over in the Newbies nest.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quotes last week, Orimus.. thank you. I especially liked/related to the one yesterday. Just pick a fig! Though I tend to be one who picks too many and as a result, is burdened with what to do with them. Great food for thought.

So today isn't so much a quote, but it's something I read this morning and liked.. "advice" from a woman when asked what she would say to someone in early recovery or to someone still suffering.. ""For those still suffering: Your life is not going to change unless you make the choice to change it. Change is hard and you can do hard things – you just don’t know it yet. Make the choice and commit. Then, be open to the people, places, and things that will make you never doubt that choosing to remove alcohol from your life was the best choice you’ve ever made for yourself.""

I want to be more open to those people, places and things that make me feel good about my decision to change.

Hope everyone has a nice af Sunday.. here's to 24 more hours!

Comment

Early morning check in here, still dark. I'm off to work today.
          You've got a great skill set Empy, hope you can find something you like for your next chapter. Worked in a few kitchens as a cook years ago. Still love to cook, just not for others. Super high stress, lots of substance abuse, for sure.
          Thanks for the quotes this week Ory, will be re-reading some this week, now which one to pick first.
          Got through two more parties last night, one woman kept harrassing me about not drinking, ugh. I pouring a AF beer into a plastic cup, and when she saw what she thought was AL, she said she knew I'd come around. I just tipped my cup, making her think she was right, I just didn't want to here it anymore.
          Dill, thankfully Mrs. V is onboard with me, and drinks very little now. She has been known in the past to keep, up, lol. She has gone to almost nothing, because of health reasons, and to support me. It's much appreciated. And like most of us, she misses it some, but really feels so much better overall not drinking.
          24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post

So today isn't so much a quote, but it's something I read this morning and liked..
            I beg to differ [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. That was an excellent quote and gave me food for thought. The part about being open to those who think your decision to be alcohol free, especially. I remember what a sea change that thinking was for me. I thought all those teetotalers were just clueless! Now I realize who the clueless one was. It took a lot of undoing of years of conditioning!

24 more, please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; October 29, 2017, 06:25 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 for me. Lets see if we can get through this week AL free

Comment

Another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, 24 for me, and everyone else who needs them, please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Going to have to go have a look in the fridge for something to rustle up for breakfast...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have to agree with [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] LC, there's a very important message in those words! Admitting the problem is the first step, then moving on to never drinking again. The hard part is not letting anyone or anything question your decision to live a sober life. Not always easy, but so worth it!

It's doable Neo, and I think you can do it!

And now for something a bit different, dig in everyone!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

That was a long time for the site to be down, I'd almost given up hope! I have a few members on FB, and some email addresses, even some phone #'s, so if y'all want you can take down my email address for a method of contact outside of MWO. soberalbertan@gmail.com
                      Last edited by abcowboy; October 30, 2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Couldn’t access site earlier but booked ng n for 24. Now I feel like pizza lol. Am going to try a yoga class this week
                        Last edited by Neo; October 30, 2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I'm up for another 24 hours too! I could access the site all day yesterday either.

Comment

quick check-in today
                            24 more please

Comment

A cold, grey sky today in jersey just before 11 am. Committing to another 24 hours being a non-drinker.

Was wondering if it was just me, kept getting DNS errors but couldn't connect to the IP. Apparently the same IP goes to three different sites so I was missing something.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I was unable yesterday but had 24. 24 more. Spent some time on theendofmyaddiction instead. Turns out it gave me more time to focus on getting some things done around the house. Hope everyone else had a good Sunday
                                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X