~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I'll take an in depth look later at for it all forwards and traceroutes and reverse DNS etc and see whether it's accessible without the domain name if that was the issue and not some forwarding issue or the actual host. Sounds like you checked the registrar already. See if it's apache or whatever. Was wondering if someone got in a fight with someone else and was a DDOS for a bit! Unsure if it's a local host, cached around the world or what... Never looked at it yet that way... Wait till I'm at my PC with the tools.
    Last edited by empyr3al; October 30, 2017, 10:22 AM.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

What a shock to the system to not be able to connect to MWO! I was beginning to lose hope, too [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]! Thank you for including your email. I don't want to do the same bc my email is a shared email with Mr. D at this point in time.

Thank you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] for your response. Your wife sounds like she is benefitting by your choice! Good for both of you. Mr. D is a nondrinker. Most he ever has at one time is a single beer, or a single jack and coke. Then he's done. I never, ever understood that! LOL

24 more, please
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I also couldn't log on earlier today.

"Who would care to question the ground of forgiveness or compassion?"-Joseph Conrad..
        Coming down to forgiveness.. "Each day is new, and this new day is all of time for us, right now. This day can flow pure and clear or we can choke it with old grudges, regrets or fears-- the choice is ours..

Here's to 24 af hours, lovely people!
        Last edited by lifechange; October 30, 2017, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Another 24 for me too!

Comment

"The way in which we think of ourselves has everything to do with how our world sees us and how we can see ourselves successfully acknowledged by that world" - Arlene Raven
            At least it has to do with how we think the world sees us!
            This is one I have to work on. Gently changing negative thougths I have about myself. The other day at work, it was easy for to me to see the strengths my co-workers possess, but for the life of me, I couldn't think of any of my own. I couldn't see what contributions I give/add to the mix. Later I sat down, thought outside the box and came up with a couple of things I know I do well. But it wasn't/isn't easy for me to see the good in myself.

Here's to a nice af Tuesday.. 24 more hours of freedom.
            xx
            Last edited by lifechange; October 31, 2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

4:55 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Frost on the pumpkin this morning! Happy Halloween everybody.
                24 more for me please.

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], one good thing about you is that you choose very fine quotes! I think you are a deep thinker, too. Very reflective.

Here's to 24!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

8:21 here in Jersey and the sun is shining and it seems autumn (and the cold) have set in. Committing to another 24 please.
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], for myself part of my personal inventory was to decide how I wanted to define myself. Not just what I thought were my qualities but the qualities that I would like to possess. Actually approached it kinda like a business. What are my values? What is my mission statement? Little by little changed the filter through which I saw/experienced my world. Just a thought if it helps. Good on you for putting together your list of strengths.
                    Last edited by Orimus; October 31, 2017, 07:31 AM.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

The "trick" to staying sober is to "treat" yourself to 24 hours of sobriety, each and everyday!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please 7:30am in Calgary, no snow yet! 0 Celsius today
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 please! Beautiful blue sky in Osoyoos, BC.

Comment

[MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION], I think it hit near 3C here in Niagara last night but all the trees still have their leaves and are still green. Its an usual autumn. Thankfully the black walnut tree is done so its stopped dropping nuts and things on my truck! I think Niagara is in a different temperate zone (planting) than Calgary. Actually I am positive. The lakes around us retain temperature longer so our winters are different. We have had frost and tonight its 3C again so trick or treat
                            [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that was great. Trick or Treat and another 24. I used to drink while handing out candy and snap photos. Gone are those days.
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay, this is two things. One a response to lifechange about concept of self and finding qualities. And the other about a dream.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I'll get a little deep here about finding qualities of self. Its often interesting to look at yourself and I recommend looking up the Johari Window on Google or Johari window - Wikipedia. Personal reflection is ideally done and then put into evaluation to see if you are actually doing what you think you are doing. The perception of self ideally should be true. It's difficult to make a personal assessment of qualities when they have been beaten out of us by our own shame or driven by others! Pride is an unusual concept and personally I put one toe in at first to test the waters for fear that I would fail at what I thought I was good at. One thing I did learn from a rehab is the concept that people cannot see your thoughts and your wishes unless they are expressed verbally or through actions. We often limit ourselves with inaction due too lack of confidence and shame and therefore do not excel at what we actually want to do or accomplish. So in sobriety we can take on challenges and risks. I stepped on many toes when I became sober the first time and it was like learning to walk around people like a toddler, but that was due to decades of AL abuse and had to relearn appropriate behaviour. It wasn't that bad, but I perceived it that way as any criticism would send me crashing down and stall me or send me into relapse mode.

In a more reflective and possibly daunting comment about the concept of self and society. After years of psychotherapy one thing stood out. Over doing or singularly gratifying yourself by focusing on one merit is not healthy and can lead to a dependency on it and exhibits addictive qualities. It was interesting to learn about that as I started to see ideas and beliefs are also addictive. Validation of ideas leads too a dopamine flush which causes retention of the idea and addiction. Similar to how religion is perceived by atheists to be an addiction. Some are of AA as becoming a replacement addiction, be it healthy or not... Its a replacement. This concept of idea or belief retention can actually be used to your advantage if you choose healthy realistic ideas and beliefs.

I eventually used the Johari window, which can actually be frightening because your glass house might be shattered. I was actually able to put a realistic "thumb on it" to know what I'm good at broadly and what is personal deception. Okay that was deep and irrelevant to what you said but I thought I would share.

While looking up that I found one of my personal favorite TED talks in which one approach to addiction is socialization. Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong | TED Talk. Personally I needed pharma aids as well for underlying anxiety disorders, but the concept is sound.

Okay to the dream.

I had a relapse dream in my semi waking state (returned to sleep after the alarm). I was at an outdoor rave with some friends and it was strange as I retained songs and lyrics I haven't heard in decades that we custom mixes (aka white label or wax, records pressed simply for one recording that wear out after a couple plays). Believe me I have tried to find these lyrics as they come to me, especially so in the early era of MP3's with Kazaa, etc. These were the days before digital stuff and it was records. For the life of me once I got up and made my tea I forgot the songs and lyrics and in retrospect I should have written them down immediately. The music was generally healthy and euphoria inducing. Circa 1996-2000. Anyways the dream moved on as dreams do and overlapped another. I do have some ability for lucid dreaming. I left the outdoor rave and walked down the street and this is where it meshed into a hybrid of my work over the years and the customer offered me a beer as per usual. I said yes as per habit and then realized, heck no... I quit drinking. Anyways he had opened the beer and I was at a cross roads. This is where the subconscious controlled the lucidity of the dream and it gets frightening as I put it in my hand I decided to be polite and I guzzled it to get out of the situation. I could now hear the music playing and knew the party was ending and regretted not being in a happy place with friends and stuck with the AL demon on my back. The revelation of it all is that I still don't have control and I'm still at risk of relapse despite everything I know. AL destroyed all that was perceived virtuous in me. This tells me that put in the scenario where this customer offered me a beer that subconsciously I might actually take the beer. So I still have to avoid the situation until I can resolve that for myself.
                              Last edited by empyr3al; October 31, 2017, 12:44 PM. Reason: formatting

Comment

I’m not sure how many of us celebrated Halloween when we were kids, I know I did. I remember dressing up, pillow case in hand and heading out to go door to door. Often times my older brother and I had to go home and empty our pillow cases cause they got too heavy to carry, then out we went again. We were in charge of my two youngest brothers to make sure they were safe and said thank you at each door. When the evening was over, my mom emptied all the “loot” on the kitchen table, and separated it evenly into 5 piles, one pile went to the Church for the Catholic Women’s League to give out to the underprivileged kids and each of us 4 boys got our pile. My older brother and I never complained, it’s just the way things were back then. Those were the days of apples, bags of popcorn and/or peanuts. Popcorn balls, marshmallows, bazooka bubble gum, and those little rolls of sour tarts, along with the old fashioned Halloween kisses.

I look at the treats we have to hand out tonight; little chocolate bars, small bags of chips and cheezies, little cans of pop and fruit drinks. It was a great time for me as a kid because what I got was a treasure and I’m sure the kids today think the same.

The times I want to forget is when our kids got home, safely in bed, babysitter in place, and then down to the bar or making the rounds to our friends houses for a drink or two at each stop. I think I prefer the treasures of my early years rather than the later ones.

Happy Halloween my friends and enjoy your sober evening as the best treat of all!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; October 31, 2017, 06:41 PM.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X