-8C and a beautiful frost on the trees.

Another 24 hours please!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I agree Cowboy, the best part of hunting is to be outside and enjoying the company of a family member or good buddy. I look at it the same way I look at fishing - to catch a fish is a bonus, the best part is being on the water.

I’m probably the worlds worst hunter as I prefer to shoot with my camera. My last time hunting, I had cow elk and bull moose tags both of which I didn’t fill. I did have two cow elk walk out of the bush and into a cut line about 300 yards from me though. I looked at them through the scope but didn’t shoot because they were standing side by side. If I’d hit one, I might have hit both.

And using every useable part of the animal is something I always did too. It’s a humbling experience harvesting an animal, isn’t it.

Hope your truck is back in operation and that you soon get to hunt with your son again.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 11:27 in Calgary.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Very windy this morning, which makes it feel colder.
          I've never been hunting, not against it, but have never gone. I have a friend who is able to bag the maximum deer every year, and he can almost feed his family of 5 for the year. And I occasionally get some sausage!
          24 more here please.

Comment

Well, Mr. V that is another thing you and I have in common. I'm not against hunting in the least, but I have never gone hunting. Mr. D has tho. 24 here please.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Never been hunting here either 5:10 in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"There is a big difference between giving up and letting go. Giving up means selling yourself short. It means allowing fear and struggle to limit your opportunities and keep you stuck. Letting go means freeing yourself from something that is no longer serving you. Giving up reduces your life. Letting go expands it. Giving up is imprisoning. Letting go is liberation. Giving up is self-defeat. Letting go is self-care."

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] abcowboy

Got my truck back yesterday, managed to get two small jobs done. They didn't have the bill made up yet but I imagine the repair wasn't cheap!

Sounds like you are a conscientious and law abiding hunter as well QW when you get out. We are allowed one deer tag per year, all the rest are on a priority draw basis, at least in my zone anyway. I haven't "filled my tag" for the past 5 years. Bubba got her moose 2 years ago so the freezer is getting bare. We have the hind quarters cut and wrapped into steaks and roasts. The front half is just deboned and bagged for later. We make our own hamburger, jerky, and 3 types of sausage which is another all day family affair of grinding, spicing, stuffing, and smoking. I'll see if I can't get some pics of the wildlife we see this weekend.
                Last edited by abcowboy; November 16, 2017, 09:02 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You have been hitting it out of the park this week with your quotes, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks. That being said, I have a question: Why did you leave me off your mentions list?! I need that positive reinforcement!!:happy2:
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION],I go crazy when I don't see my name too haha
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

oops, sorry Dill! Situation rectified! And thank you everyone for correcting me when I make a mistake, they aren't done intentionally or too see if you are paying attention lol.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please! 8:13 in Calgary..I know, I was left off the other day and I was bummed
                        Not really, but I noticed lol

Enjoy your sober Thursday.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Freezing rain and snow here today. Is it too early in the season to be sick of winter?

While I’m on the subject of things I don’t like, has anyone else noticed just how many ads there are in the media for alcohol this time of year?

Thankfully I’m not influenced by the ads and with appreciation, ask for another 24 hours.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; November 16, 2017, 11:11 AM.

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 for me! Travelling back to the island for a few weeks...nervous. As for seeing alcohol everywhere, I had my first when I went to the grocery store to buy ice cream the other day...they now have spirit flavours! Not safe anywhere I tell you :eek-new:

Comment

A bright and sunny 56 here in Jersey at just after noon. Garlic tea with honey for a long sick day however and rousing myself to get to the doctor's. Committing to another 24 nonetheless.
                              Last edited by Orimus; November 16, 2017, 12:11 PM.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Sending some piping hot virtual chicken soup your way, Ori!

QW, I do notice the ads selling alcohol and I really wish it were against the law to advertise it, just like it is with cigarettes. There is definitely an uptick in alcohol adverts on TV!

Thanks cowboy for amending the list!

Sky, I can't believe they are flavoring ice cream with it! What next?!
                                Last edited by dill; November 16, 2017, 01:31 PM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X