No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Nar, you got to be a bit more outspoken when I miss you on the list, or just give me a cuff along side the head and remind me to get it right next time lol.

So true how the holidays bring out the booze ads! But to be honest, they don't really bother me. Budweiser was my drink of choice and I rather enjoy the Clyde's ads, but then horses and beer were my thing lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's 5:48 here and I'm also committing to 24 hours more!
      Hope you're feeling better, Orimus!

Comment

Another cold and gray day here. I'm going out for lunch with a friend tho, so that should add a little 'sunshine' to my day! Vietnamese food and a dear friend to share it with! 24 more please and thank you!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
          Freezing rain and snow here today. Is it too early in the season to be sick of winter?

While I’m on the subject of things I don’t like, has anyone else noticed just how many ads there are in the media for alcohol this time of year?

Thankfully I’m not influenced by the ads and with appreciation, ask for another 24 hours.

QW
          Yeah I hate the ads and I do notice them but with a huge grudge. I worry about everyone evolving into hardcore alcoholics. Chip on my shoulder? What does that even mean. I'm a little more irritated with Google/Youtube asking me questions. Seriously it should be smarter. It tracks everything I do and seriously suggesting liquor? Don't ask an alcoholic if he knows brands of liquor. Of course he or she does. But its a government windfall of cash in Canada. LCBO (Liquor control board of Ontario). Bull shit if you actually research this as its turned into a marketing mechanism. It was once too scorn you and now its money.

I have links.... tons of them.
          Last edited by empyr3al; November 17, 2017, 08:15 AM.
          "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Busy morning, quick fly-by.
            24 more here please.

Comment

5:08 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more please.

This will blow your mind. YouTube
                "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

"I guess the real fact of the matter is, we don’t know what tomorrow is going to bring and the only thing we really have is right now. So, don’t stay angry for too long and learn to forgive. Love your friends and family with all your heart. Have fun and live your life the way you want to live it. Most of all, don’t worry about people that don’t like you and enjoy the ones who do."

6:30am in Alberta, I'll join y'all in another 24 AF hours please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

TGIAF!

Congrats on 4 months QW!

Feeling better Ory?

Enjoy your lunch with your friend Dill!

When's your mom and brother supposed to arrive Pauly?
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 17, 2017, 08:50 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I have been thinking kimchi all morning! (the real thing, not the fake noodles). Thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]... I'm hungry.

Comment

YouTube

I will leave this here for the british.

Comment

Still sick of winter but grateful for another 24 hours.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A bright, clear and cold winter's day here in Jersey, 47 f at just after 1 in the afternoon. Hacking my way through the day but at least the sinuses and lungs are clear, probably all stuffed in my head. Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

For all that have fallen to the likes of alc. YouTube

I'm sorry, we try hard to help as best we know.

Comment

Originally posted by empyr3al View Post
                              For all that have fallen to the likes of alc. YouTube

I'm sorry, we try hard to help as best we know.
                              Beautiful, [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION]. Thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

checking in late here at 8:49! I'm looking forward to the 24 af hours in front of me!
                                Hope you all have a nice Saturday..

Comment

Working...
                                X