No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning everyone! Back in from a sober Sunday morning out in the fresh air with my son, got the Sunday brunch buffet all set up and ready to sit down to watch CFL football east and west semi-finals. Dig in and enjoy!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yummy....what time is brunch????

Comment

:welcome: Jude! I believe brunch is served all day!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Welcome Jude!!

Comment

Thank you....looks like my kind of place, and I'm glad to be here!

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              Good morning everyone! Back in from a sober Sunday morning out in the fresh air with my son, got the Sunday brunch buffet all set up and ready to sit down to watch CFL football east and west semi-finals. Dig in and enjoy!

Are the Walton's coming for brunch as well? Holy Cow, that's a lot of food!

Comment

Welcome to the Club and Cafe [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! All food and beverages (NA of course) are served 24/7 and always free! Basically only 2 rules here, treat everyone with respect and no talk of politics. We’re a pretty friendly group so pull up a stool and join us everyday!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sounds like a fun place cowboy.....I've been doing a little exploring on this site, and I'm like a kid in a candy store. So much to READ! I really need this support right now, most people don't even know that I've quit drinking. I'll let you get back to your game....enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks again for telling me about this site.

Comment

Another 24 hours please.

Thanks for the photos of the feast Cowboy! Sadly I’m prepping for surgery mid-week and am stuck with a very bland diet.

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; November 19, 2017, 03:39 PM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

That was quite a buffet, AB.. thanks! Yesterday morning we had waffles with cinnamon ice cream for breakfast.. per birthday wishes.. was pretty yummy, though not quite my cup of tea for brekkie.
                      QW, wishing you well with regards to surgery..are you feeling ok about it?

It's 6:44 here and time to move on to Monday life! Here's to 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends” – J.K. Rowling

This quote rang true to me yesterday. For me I thought of alcohol as "the enemy" and drinking family and drinking friends that are unsupportive of our quit as the "friends". But it is a true theme across the board, not just in our particular situation.

Welcome aboard, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! :welcome: Glad to have you join us!

Wishing you well with your surgery, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]

I won't have to eat for a week after yesterday's feast, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], waffles for breakfast, yes! Ice cream?! No thank you.:happy2: I'll just have sausage on the side.

24 more, please.
                        Last edited by dill; November 20, 2017, 07:18 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Found a great spot by the river and due to weather being so good and bottlo right on corner I have to pass to get down there, I have been careful. Felt a moment this arvo being warm here and how good it would be to grab only a 6 pack. Yes and the 6 pack on the way back too I would need. Been practicing meditation and know that it does lower your BP & HR so using this to capture that feeling of fresh air in the morning. In for 24 more and will get some quotes coming back in

Comment

Cold sunny and frosty this morning.
                            Welcome, Jude!
                            24 more here please.

Comment

4:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thank you all for the big Welcome.....I feel like I have a new family! 8:20 am here in snowy NY, and yes please I'll take another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X