Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by dill View Post
    “I was set free because my greatest fear had been realized, and I still had a daughter who I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became a solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling

Some of us hit rock bottom, others of us were close enough to see it. Still others were close enough to touch it. I love this thought of 'rock bottom' becoming a foundation. All that we have experienced and learned about ourselves and our lives is something to build on.

24 more please, and Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA.

Well said! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Marylou123 View Post
      Hi Jude — looks like we’re the early birds today. I’m on stuffing duty so time to head to the chopping block and face the onions. I suspect Cowboy will rustle up a breakfast feast — he’s probably fetching the eggs as we speak.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate — and whether you do or not — may you find many things to be grateful for today.

Hugs,
      Mary

PS - 6:40 am; 69 degrees and rain in central FL.

Hi Mary... Happy Thanksgiving to you as well, and would ya save some of that stuffing for me? Wish Cowboy would hurry up with that breakfast, I'm starving!:happy2:

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

Good to see you back Empy, hopefully you'll get things sorted out!

We only serve the best durn coffee in the world Jude!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving! Great to see you Bri and another 24 please!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all, a cold frosty morning here in the great Commonwealth of Kentucky!
            Thanks for the all the well wishes yesterday. Mrs V took the afternoon off, so we went out to lunch before driving down to the in-laws.
            They'll be a full house here and at least 3-4 turkeys, on smoked, one fried, and one roasted. I get to carve them all, lol.
            Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate. So much to be grateful for on this day. I hope everyone can find a minute or two in their busy day to find some gratitude.
            24 more of peace for us all.

Comment

Hi Bri! Lean on us if you need it, we're here.

Comment

And breakfast is served! I can't thank y'all enough for being a big part of my sobriety journey!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Now I know why it took a few extra minutes to come out of the kitchen, Cowboy!

Comment

OMG — that’s over the top Cowboy.
                    Here’re some sweets for the counter.

ML
                    Clearly I need to learn more about inserting pics and/or attachments. LOL
                    Last edited by Marylou123; November 23, 2017, 09:05 AM.
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Another 24 hours please.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please! Actually I need a few days please...I am going to Vancouver today and will be back sober as ever.
                        10:31 in Calgary. +12C!!! Oh yeah.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi ALL!!

Happy Thanksgiving.. sounds like some delicious prep going on over there.. wish I were closer, I'd pop on over..
                          Mr. V! First, congratulations on 31 years of marriage.. well done to both of you! Second, what's up with 3 turkeys? You must have a big family!!
                          Dill, thank you so much for the great quotes.. I love thinking of rock bottom as a foundation on which to build..
                          Bri, :hug: I hope you're feeling better..
                          AB, great brekkie, thanks! Haven't seen tator tots in a hundred years.. those were tator tots, weren't they?

hugs all around and here's to 24 hours more..
                          Last edited by lifechange; November 23, 2017, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Check this out! Some progress in labelling alcohol the way it should be. Yukon rolls out world-first — labels warning alcohol can cause cancer | National Post.

I also hear Scotland is upping the prices of cheap a usable alcohol soon. Not sure where I put the link...
                            "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Comment

Yep, you're right LC, them sure are tator tots!! There's always a bag of'em in our freezer lol

Comment

Working...
                                X