No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about everyone else [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but to me the quotes don't always have to be about recovery or sobriety. I often read things, like your quote this morning, that have me thinking about myself, my habits and attitude. I remember back when I was drinking and sitting around in the neighbour's shop getting drunk and the conversations always ended up discussing rumours and gossip about other people. Now I know how wrong that was, and a waste of time. You should never say anything about someone else that you wouldn't say directly to them. It's a pretty simple rule that I follow now!

And on that note, thanks Dill for another week of great quotes!

There's going to be fresh moose meat in the freezer for Bubba and I. I was lucky enough to fill my cow moose tag this morning! As I said, we are very particular hunters and I let quite a few moose pass by and I'm thankful that I did. The right situation presented itself this morning and I took advantage of it. So I'm grateful for the wildlife the good Lord gives us, and the opportunity to harvest it....
    Last edited by abcowboy; November 25, 2017, 08:30 PM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Sunday Morning!
      at 6:39 it's very cold outside and I'm half dreading the running date I have at 9!:egad: I know I'll feel great afterwards, though..
      Wishing you all a peaceful day.. and 24 more af hours!!
      Each and every day I'm a little bit calmer, better able to see the difference between This path I'm now choosing and that other one that was making me so hearbreakingly miserable, the one I left behind.

Comment

Signing in for 24 . Let’s do a week of this. Got some changes to do, namely fitness this week. Yes lifechange, let’s leave the misery in the past behind. Not happy with all mine either. Lol about rumours ABC, our council is useless and I’d tell them on our community forum on Facebook ���� and in person
        Last edited by Neo; November 26, 2017, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Here's to another 24.......8:00 am , blustery and cold here in NY.

Comment

sunny and cold this morning -1C. Perfect for this time of year. Another day of work outside in the sun.
            24 more for me please!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] (by proxy) abcowboy

I'll be back in a bit, just wanted to get breakfast out for the early risers!

Last edited by abcowboy; November 26, 2017, 09:23 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:24 am in Vegas another 24 please spread looks great Cowboy
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A "running" date, or a running "date" LC lol, either way, hope you enjoy it!

I agree Neo, lets git'er done!

Let's have a relaxing day y'all, keep on keeping on!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 26, 2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    I'm not sure about everyone else [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but to me the quotes don't always have to be about recovery or sobriety. I often read things, like your quote this morning, that have me thinking about myself, my habits and attitude. I remember back when I was drinking and sitting around in the neighbour's shop getting drunk and the conversations always ended up discussing rumours and gossip about other people. Now I know how wrong that was, and a waste of time. You should never say anything about someone else that you wouldn't say directly to them. It's a pretty simple rule that I follow now!

And on that note, thanks Dill for another week of great quotes!

There's going to be fresh moose meat in the freezer for Bubba and I. I was lucky enough to fill my cow moose tag this morning! As I said, we are very particular hunters and I let quite a few moose pass by and I'm thankful that I did. The right situation presented itself this morning and I took advantage of it. So I'm grateful for the wildlife the good Lord gives us, and the opportunity to harvest it....
                    I didn't mean to give the impression that I never participated in gossip. I'm as guilty as the next, but I also try my level best at this point to avoid engaging in it! I was working in various locations across our county so wasn't really entrenched in any particular social scene. So as an outsider of sorts, I couldn't participate, not knowing a lot of the people or their backgrounds. But because of that, it really opened my eyes to the destructive nature of gossip, both to the persons being talked about and the people doing the talking! The damage to the people being talked about is a no brainer. Negative information being shared is hurtful to them, especially when they are completely unaware and can't defend themselves or set the record straight. But I also saw it as damaging to the talkers themselves bc it caused them to feel "better than" somehow, and not in a good way.

Anyway, on to another 24!!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sun coming up, a sunny cool start to the day, -5C at 8AM.

Joining in on 3rd birthday celebrations for my granddaughter today. What a sweetheart! Granddad is giving her a camera.

I know there will be al at the party but I don’t care. Another 24 hours please!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I know that this isn't alcohol related, but Congrats [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] on filling your cow moose tag. My hubby is a hunter as well, and was persistent and lucky enough to fill both his buck and doe tags. Will be plenty of venison in the freezer this year, and for that I am grateful.

Comment

That's what the Café is all about Jude, we can discuss anything but politics lol. CNN has that well covered! Does your hubby do any of his own processing? We have a country abattoir just a few miles away where we take our wild game. We just have them cut the prime cuts, then I get 50lbs thin sliced to make jerky with, and the rest ground up and froze. Then we make a family day out of making hamburger, and sausage!

And we just got back in from a few hours out in the wind and cold, so it's time for

Last edited by abcowboy; November 26, 2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
                            - Martin Luther King Jr

Committing to another 24!
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Cold here as well, and that hot chocolate looks pretty good! We do process our own game, and mostly turn it into hamburger, sausage and jerky. A lot of it does go into making smoked Summer sausage, as that is our favorite. We finally got the seasoning/pork/venison ratio down, and it does taste pretty yummy. We also make our own Maple syrup, and we keep bees for the honey. It's nice to know where your products come from and what's in them. We hope to retire in a few years, which would give us more time for that sort of thing. I'd like to have a few chickens around here for the eggs, but I suspect that the dogs would eat them. (the chickens, not the eggs):eek-new:

In just the few months since my quit, (this time around) I have noticed how much more quality time I have on my hands. I look forward to retirement now, my days filled with productivity, not wasted hours watching tv in a drunken haze. Glad to be here! Thanks cowboy!

Comment

Really liked the quote this morning [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]! Serves as a reminder to us to always have backups in place for those tough times!

Comment

Working...
                                X