~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning! 6:18 here and looking forward to 24 af hours, whatever they might bring..

Comment

Good one this morning Ori, that was me on Al, never really living.
      24 more of life today!

Comment

Ha! That was a peppy little worm, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! It was definitely not hungover! I don't mind being the early bird, especially when I can peck away at the lovely breakfasts that you offer here in the café. Worms have to move slower than that one before I would even be able to consider frying one up!

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], great quote! It is so true too, that in order to really live one must be willing to take a risk. I suppose there is a certain amount of that willingness that goes into quitting al. When we get so used to it as a go-to for everything then letting it go seems very risky....But definitely a worthwhile risk!

Great to see everyone!

24 please.
        Last edited by dill; November 28, 2017, 08:18 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:02 am in vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

okay y'all, I know it was a hokey worm pic, but it was the only one I could find that was animated lol.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

8:35 here in N.Y add another 24 please...

Comment

7:43 AM in Wisconsin, and I have mucho to get done today and I have NO TIME for Alcohol. I would like another 24 hrs. so I can accomplish all my work and personal tasks. I want, and need to be, reliable. Thank you, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Comment

That was a great poem Ori, risk taking can be rewarding or disastrous. I've had my share of both but the older I get, the less risks I seem to take. Or maybe it's because I'm sober now and think decisions through with a clear mind...

Geez LC, I'm not sure if I could run to the bathroom without being winded lol

Love the new avatar Jude! Reminds me of the story of the two wolves!

Yep QW, it does remind me of last year's Battle of Alberta! Glad you enjoyed the granddaughter's party, I often get to feeling sad when I think I'll never get to spoil a grandchild...

Bri, I think you're just too strong to let anything spoil your quit, but it sure can be hard sometimes! I'll send you some snow if you really want it! lol

I read you had your Christmas decorations up Pauly! We haven't had a Christmas tree for about 7 years. Hmm, we got Hank 8 years ago.....lol

Have a fantastic day y'all, sorry I didn't mention everyone, don't worry, your day will come lol!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Please give me another 24 hours down here on the rainy coast.

Congrats Orimus!
                    Last edited by Inthesky; November 28, 2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Congrats on 300 days yesterday, Orimus!!

Comment

Congrats Orimus!!

Another 24 please, in Calgary at 10:48.
                        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please.

Day 135. Never thought when I started back in July that I’d make it this far. Thanks to my MWO friends!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; November 28, 2017, 02:11 PM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
                            ― Robert Frost

Late check in as it's just about time to clock out for the day here in NJ. 50 F and clear. Committing to another 24!
                            Last edited by Orimus; November 28, 2017, 04:55 PM.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Morning!! On the run at 6:39 here.. I would LOVE another 24 af hours.. for myself and for all of my friends in the Café!

Comment

7:15 am here in NY......please God, give me the strength and wisdom to continue this journey. Another 24 would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X