~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

4:58 am in Vegas another 24 please congrats on 135 days QW!! Cowboy,I was about to say that Winslow never messes with our tree but then I remembered that he did mark his territory a few years back on presents I had put under,ugh one was a jacket too and I had to unwrap it,wash it,wrap it again,sometimes dogs are just weirdos
    Last edited by paulywogg; November 29, 2017, 08:02 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We'll have a tree this year. We skipped last year bc we had brought in a rather large hibiscus from the patio and it was taking up residence where we usually put the tree! LOL We decided to keep it there instead of a Christmas tree, decorate it with some lights, and burn an evergreen scented candle! Dogs certainly can complicate the holidays. I have some memories of Christmases past too. One dog loved to eat the glue that they used to construct cardboard boxes with....

24 more please, and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; November 29, 2017, 08:35 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

So true Ori, life does go on, no matter what...

Originally posted by Jude58
        please God, give me the strength and wisdom to continue this journey.
        That is my firm belief Jude! God, or anyone else for that matter, can't make the journey for you, but everyone can help with support, wisdom, and strength!

Let's just say our first Christmas with Hank taught us about labs, trees, and shiny balls lol

Always great to see you stop by Rusty, you must live out of a suitcase lol.

Great to see you check in Sky!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 29, 2017, 08:56 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Bubba and I don't do much decorating for any of the season's, or holidays for that matter lol. We do have a 2 foot boxed Christmas tree that you just plug in and it lights up. We put up an Advent Wreath and candles, and the Nativity scene of course. I used to put up tons of lights outside, completely outlining the house and the big spruce tree in front. I'm getting too old to spend 2 days out in the cold up on step and extension ladders lol.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another beautiful day with sunshine here. Had yesterday off, and got the yard put to bed for winter. Next is the holiday decorations. Not as much as in the past, but enough to make things feel festive.
            Good to see you here Rusty!
            24 more for all of us pleases.

Comment

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
              ― Dale Carnegie

Another sunny and cold one here in Jersey. Committing to another 24!

Never been much on decorations myself. Think I have a wreath somewhere. Lol

Bit of a drinking dream last night. Bought a bottle of wine before joining family at some desolate beach. Don't remember if I drank it or not but do remember going back and forth about whether I could/should. Strange.
              Last edited by Orimus; November 29, 2017, 09:54 AM.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Please put me in for another 24!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank-you.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I have 3 Border Collies and 3 cats.....our previous trees became Christmas memories in a very short time. Needless to say, no tree for this house! :sad:

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I have 3 Border Collies and 3 cats.....our previous trees became Christmas memories in a very short time. Needless to say, no tree for this house! :sad:
                      Oh my goodness, Jude! No chance of a tree for you unless you put it in a fenced enclosure! LOL! I had border collies, so I know exactly what they are like. They are a really special breed! I can just picture the cats batting the Christmas balls off the tree and the dogs fetching them then running with them! I hope you didn't have the glass ornaments!

Orimus, thank you for another great quote. It reminded me of a radio talk show psychologist I used to listen to who often repeated, "Wishing, hoping, wanting; none of it has power." Doing is the key.

24 more please.
                      Last edited by dill; November 30, 2017, 06:31 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:50 am in vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8:00 am here in NY.........here's to another 24! Life is Good!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

I don't know how you guys manage multiple pets, Hank is about all this guy can handle lol

Comment

Another 24 please, 11:30 in Calgary.
                              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
                                -Albert Einstein

6 PM in NYC, 46 f and though the skies are clear I cannot see the stars with my physical eyes. Remaining committed to being a non-drinker for 24 more!
                                Last edited by Orimus; December 1, 2017, 07:36 AM.
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X