Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please.

And a good nights sleep would be appreciated after two sleep deprived nights with a sick dog.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:42 and looking for 24 hours af!!!

Comment

Here for 24.ate heaps of grapes and passing wind like a king

Comment

Dec 1st.....7:30 am here in NY. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”
            ― Dalai Lama XIV

7:25 am here in Jersey and the sun is floating in a gauze of pink and blue as it hits 40 f. Committing to another 24!

Sleep's been off a bit but finally woke up this morning in a somewhat normal fashion. Sat down to meditate but nose is stuffed and thoughts are racing. Staying in the moment as the day slowly begins, attention to each step.

Time to learn some Python.
            Last edited by Orimus; December 1, 2017, 07:37 AM.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Great quote this morning Ori! The Dalai hit the definition of gratitude dead on!

Congratulations Mr V!

I've a few pm's to reply to, if one of them is for you, don't worry, I'll get them done this afternoon!

December 1st, starting into the "party month". Going to be lots of temptations around, so just remember your quit is the most important thing in your life so never give up on it!
              Last edited by abcowboy; December 1, 2017, 08:28 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Cowboy! 6 months done and dusted.
                24 more here please.

Comment

Congrats [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Congrats, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I'm happy for you!

24 more please.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Awesome, Mr.V!!! Well done!

Comment

Good for you Mr. V.....you should feel proud!

Comment

I got home from work and see that Bubba has put out the few Christmas decorations that we have, so being that it's December 1st, I figured I'd spruce up the Club and Café a bit for the Christmas season!

Now y'all know that the place is pet friendly, so let's try and keep our 4-legged friends away from the trees, especially Winslow! lol
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please.

Awesome Mr V! Very well done!!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

So I really have not posted much. My hand is messed up and I try to save it for work. Trying to figure out what is wrong. Sober since 11/11, had anxiety at first, now just depression and fatigue. A lot of problems at home and at work. I have 24-year-old twins who have a part time job between the two of them. One twin who has high functioning autism up and quit his job, the one I worked so hard to get him. The other I put through college for an AS degree and he works part time at the 99 cent store. My job is shitty, new supervisor who has added at least four new projects on our already full plate. Oh, divorced just shy of 25 years from a man that cheated and a 6 year relationship ended when I found out he was stealing from me so alone and not looking for another man to crap on me. I have a home that I can't keep up with with my hand right now and I used to love the holidays but now they depress me. I do computer work and that and a messed up hand don't mix. Imagining my life now being on disability supporting two men who maintain a part time job between them and can't maneuver a piece of trash into the trash can to save their lives, not a pretty picture. Before you judge, I have tried everything in my power to light a fire under them, took one to state exams to get a job, took the other through interviews and applications to get a job, cosigned on cars, walked them through cleaning a room, begged, threatened, pleaded, everything but kicking them out. I could get another job but I have 15 years with the state with good benefits and a pension. No other job will provide me with the ability to pay the bills, provide health insurance for me and the boys and give me a pension when I hit 20 years. I don't have the option of just starting over again. Anyway, that is the preface. Now to today. My preference has been vodka. My gardener knows this (yes I have a gardener, I can't do it all). I sent him a text telling him I had his pay for him. He stopped by to get his money and had a present for me. He had bartended at a party and he was given a bottle of vodka, Skyy, over a liter. Of course he gave it to me for my Christmas present. I thanked him and took the bottle. Strangely enough, it was not appealing. Not that I did not want to forget my problems, I just did not want the shitty hangover after. I took the bottle, knocked on my son's door, explained how I got the bottle, gave it to him and told him and his brother to enjoy it and walked away. I guess I should be proud or happy but I am not. I did not drink because I am too depressed to drink. Is that even possible?? So sober for another 24 hours but not happy or proud about it.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS MR V. I am so very happy for you
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X