~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

For some reason, Sundays are the hardest day of the week to stay AF. Thoughts come trickling in from nowhere, "you could probably just have one glass, it won't hurt." I'll try and stay busy, and pray that there will be another 24, and then some. Looks cold there cowboy, but beautiful! It's 8:12 am here in NY, could be a long day.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Just one more thing to add to the Café ..

The First Sunday of Advent, a good time to reflect on what Christmas really means to you....

I'm going to go rustle up some breakfast, be back in a bit...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

There, no better way to start the day...coffee and breakfast with friends!

It wasn't too cold Dill, right around -8C (18F), sure makes a difference if the sun is shining though!

That was my biggest problem LC, keeping my emotions bottled up and letting them build....

Jude, you're not going to let any day make you give up 3 months AF! Congrats again by the way! And remember, this day only has 24 hours, just like all the rest of them in the past 3 months!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks cowboy.....breakfast looks yummy!

Comment

Hey Jude, stick close today! Why do you think Sundays are harder for you?.. How's the weather in NY today? Freezing cold, here, but we had a bit of sun.. now it's 3:24, though, and the creepy time is approaching.:happy2: I'm going to have another coffee, maybe bake something (I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to break a recipe into 3rds so I can make a chocolate buttermilk cake just for myself!), then some reading and Netflix.. Do you have any plans for the day? Today I went to a meditation AA meeting and was so pleasantly surprised at the nice mix of people there.. I can't remember if we've all talked hobbies here in the café? What sorts of things do you like to do?

Thanks for the delicious brekkie, AB!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] thanks for thinking of me today, the weather here is cold and grey, very typical for this part of NY. It's 3:22 pm and "creepy time" will be here spreading it's cheer very soon. I feel a little more positive than I did this morning, thanks to you and some of the very kind folks here. It's strange how this journey of sobriety can really put us through an emotional wringer, especially during the early days. I'll probably spend the afternoon reading and knitting as it does seem to bring on the contentment factor. I did order some Christmas presents online, and glad to have that out of the way.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Did you ever make your chocolate buttermilk cake, and if so, did you save me some? :happy2:

Comment

I'm glad you're feeling more positive, Jude! I hear you with regards to the emotional wringer.. but thankfully more often than not, it doesn't take too much time for the funkiness (for lack of a better word) to pass. Have a nice time reading and knitting! Are you working on something special at the moment? I can't knit to save my life, but I enjoy it vicariously through my daughters! I had a very nice surprise visit from my "stepson" (the son of my ex with whom I lived for 10 years). He is almost 17, wanted to practice his english and chatted my ear off.. it was great fun.. so I skipped the cake. I think I'll make it tomorrow and will definitely save a piece!!. xx
                Last edited by lifechange; December 3, 2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'm much better than I was earlier, funny how these things come and go. It scares me how fragile we are at times.....a rock some days, a quivering mass of jello the next. Not knitting anything special, just a simple scarf....something to keep my hands busy, and away from the wine! :congratulatory: Glad that you had a nice visit with your stepson, usually teens don't want anything to do with adults.

Where are you located? I never know whether to tell people to have a good morning or a good night! I'll see you around I'm sure.

Comment

Another 24 hours please!

Had a very enjoyable weekend visit with our 3 year old granddaughter. She and I baked cookies and they turned out great! Her job was to put a Smartie in each cookie but I think she ate about 5 for every one that went into a cookie. And then we gave her back, full of sugar, to her parents!!!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"When I trust and respect myself enough to be myself honestly, others respond with trust and respect."
                      ""We can greet all situations today with ease if we have committed ourselves to lives of integrity. Having made the decision to be fully honest at all times eliminates our uncertainty in responding to others, and thus we don't cloud issues and confuse our contemporaries with inconsistencies.""

Honesty is my number one Tool at the moment.. learning how to be honest. I have had a hard time with little white lies, mostly because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.. I'm learning now to step back and take a breath before responding when it seems difficult to find the right answer. I'm also learning to say "no" politely, but without an excuse.. as that is where I also felt the need to stretch the truth..

Jude, I'm living in Germany, so I'm 6 hours ahead of you.. you might just be getting up now!

QW, what a nice time with your Granddaughter! I love that age.. and I can totally relate to eating 5 times as many smarties as put on cookies!

Wishing you all a nice day.. here's to 24 more AF hours..
                      Last edited by lifechange; December 4, 2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

5:21 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8:30 am and frosty here in NY, but at least the sun is shining. After long stretches of gloomy weather, I really appreciate when the sun makes an appearance. It's kind of like an early Christmas present. :happy2: Here's to another 24! For all who encouraged me yesterday, I am having a much better day today....thank you!

Comment

A little grey here this morning.
                            Is that Spam on that breakfast platter, Cowboy!? I like Spam, but it's something I would never buy, so I only eat it once every five years or so, lol.
                            Funny, Mrs, V is making buttermilk chocolate cake today for a neighbor's daughter's birthday party. They'll be about 20 girls, so I talked her into making 2 cakes, so I'll have some to share, lol. They call it Hoosier cake around here, after the Indiana Hoosiers. It's a sheet cake. And dang is it good.
                            Sunday's are hard around here some times as well. Mrs. V and I used to visit the many micro-breweries around here and watch a game on tv. Went biking this weekend instead, much healthier.
                            24 more for all of us here!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Sounds like most of us had a good weekend, and good for you for reaching out when the going gets rough Jude, that's what we're here for!

Missed you on the x-post Mr V, yep it's Spam lol. My mom used to fry it up as it was a favorite of my dad's, don't think I've had it since I left home. I'm not a big fan of canned meat, that "jelly" stuff does not for me lol
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 4, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Great quote this morning LC! It really got me thinking... I was going to add more, but I think I'll do it in Word, then "copy and paste" as I have a feeling it could get a bit long! lol

You asked about hobbies LC, I don't really have one except for reading I guess.... I just went over 700 books read since I quit drinking...

Here's another question to y'all.... family Christmas traditions... what's your's? The one thing that stands out in my mind is setting up the Nativity scene and putting baby Jesus in the crib/manger Christmas Eve/morning... It's been done in my family for as long as I remember...

Comment

Working...
                                X