~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I have lots of hobbies: knitting, crochet, reading, hiking, baking and crafting. As far as special Christmas traditions, we have a favorite CD of Christmas tunes we play each year while decorating the tree. I put out a Nativity just after Thanksgiving. And I bake my special Christmas sugar cookies and decorate them each year. But many of our traditions have fallen away with the adult children being on their own. It's OK tho. Life is change!

It's been a busy weekend here with the grandkids! Glad to get back to a bit more quiet. I'm about to bake some ginger snaps as [MENTION=5017]Sunbeam[/MENTION] mentioned them on the Gratitude thread and I have bought my molasses, so here I go!!

24 more af please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi all!
      I just ate 3 chocolate buttermilk cupcakes right out of the oven and they were so yummy..Saved some for all of you here in the café, though.. Mr. V, how funny that your wife just baked the same. Glad she made enough so that you get some, too!
      What exactly is crafting, Dill? I've heard of people doing it but don't know what it entails..
      700 books is a lot, AB.. is there a specific genre you like or do you jump around?

I'm getting into watercolour painting a bit.. I've never done it before and I find it fascinating. I also love photography, reading, puzzling, running..and I have a piano sitting next to me waiting to be played at some point!
      We don't have so many Christmas traditions.. or at least they vary from year to year, depending on where we are.. this year at my Mom's, we'll pick out the tree and decorate it together.. we also make molasses cookies, Dill! And have a brunch with my Sister and her kids.. When we're here it's more festive in general and you're sort of pulled into it, with Advents wreaths, candles, markets, school events, late Christmas Eve services and lots of Choir singing and walks.. Everything in town closes from 2pm on the 24th until the 27th so there is a stillness that I like very much.

Comment

Another 24 please, 8:50am in Calgary.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Crafting is simply making something using various art mediums and supplies. I don't know any other way to explain it. Over the weekend I made ceramic coasters with my granddaughter using 4x4" white ceramic tiles which we decorated with sharpie ink, drizzled with alcohol and then lit the alcohol on fire to make an interesting effect. Granddaughter was in hog heaven, she was having so much fun! LOL

My ginger snaps turned out more chewy than snappy. I'm not sure what I did wrong, if anything. I followed the recipe. Anyway, they taste GREAT, and Mr. D prefers chewy cookies anyway, so it's all good.:happy2:
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank-you.

We slept in this morning, recovering from having a 3 year old with us on the weekend I guess. Even my 4 legged buddy was bagged! Anyway, we managed to do our 6km walk in good time this morning.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Squeaking in at the end of a busy day for 24 more of this deliciousness. Great quotes and tool LC. Haven’t read too far back but I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better Jude. Howdy Cowboy and greetings to all.
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

6:45 am with gusty winds this morning in N.Y. I had my first drinking dream last night, and it was pretty disturbing. Everyone else in the dream only had one or two drinks, but not I! I was trying to find ways to suck down more booze in a discreet manner so that no one else would notice. Sound familiar anyone? I am truly grateful that it was only a dream, a reminder to stay on the path of sobriety. Here's to another 24!

Comment

4:42 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]

First off LC, congrats! By golly, I think you've got it this time!
                    I read just about everything except romance lol. My favourites would be courtroom, murder mystery, and war. Too many favourite authors to remember them all.

I'm with Mr D dill, chewy is way better!

Hi Marylou! Christmas shopping all done I bet?
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 5, 2017, 08:51 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Got in at 2am from work this morning with young Mr V, we work together occasionally, and had some delicious chocolate buttermilk cupcakes waiting for us, yum!
                      Hobbies, hmmm, used to be drinking. Now back to hiking, biking, and snow skiing in winter.
                      We used to decorate the whole house for Christmas, down to the bedspreads in rooms, lol! Now that young Mr. V is older, it's just a tree and a Christmas village on the fireplace.
                      There's always an advent wreath and nativity too.
                      Christmas day is spent at the in-laws, 100 miles away. My family very rarely gets together as we are spread all over the country, and they're too many of us.
                      24 more here please!

Comment

Mr. D and I are enjoying the ginger snaps, perhaps a little too much! It's a problem baking when there are only two. I need to get out today and share some with a friend!

We put up our tree yesterday. It's a smallish frazier fir, but OH! It has a mighty scent! I love the smell that it filled the house with! Haven't decorated it. We take these things in stages these days! It's up, that's what matters. Today or tomorrow I'll dig out the lights to put on it. The Nativity set is out on a table right next to the tree.

So for some reason today I thought of Russian Tea cakes. Another cookie I have never made, but I love them! I guess that will be my next baking project, but I better hold off...

Buttermilk chocolate cake seeds have been planted in my brain now. It won't be long.....

24 more please.
                        Last edited by dill; December 5, 2017, 09:31 AM.
                        Dill

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                          6:45 am with gusty winds this morning in N.Y. I had my first drinking dream last night, and it was pretty disturbing. Everyone else in the dream only had one or two drinks, but not I! I was trying to find ways to suck down more booze in a discreet manner so that no one else would notice. Sound familiar anyone? I am truly grateful that it was only a dream, a reminder to stay on the path of sobriety. Here's to another 24!
                          Yes, Jude, quite familiar! In fact I had a drinking dream recently. There were no others who were drinking in my dream. Just me. Trying to hide the bottle and trying to drink when no one could see. Ugh!
                          Dill

Comment

The dreams are awful, but it's such a relief to wake up and realize that it never happened!

Comment

""Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny."" -Martin Luther King

Trying to live the best I can every day.. Being conscious of my thoughts which often become my actions, redirecting them if necessary.

Jude, those dreams are very unsettling! But I guess I sort of like the relief I feel after realising they didn't happen.. Glad you're feeling better after your down day!

I tend to like the cookies crisp, too, Dill! If they end up chewy, I break them into pieces and put them in a bowl underneath vanilla ice cream.. also yummy!

Hi Marylou! Thanks, AB! Mr. V, I'm about to eat another small piece of the cake.. Hi Pauly, QW and Nar..

I'm a bit late today at 6:54pm.. got past the 330 creepy time with some shopping. twas fun.. see you all tomorrow.
                              Last edited by lifechange; December 5, 2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

I didn't see the last page of posts, Dill and Jude.. Was thinking the same thing, though! Your tree sounds so nice, Dill..

Comment

Working...
                                X