Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Those dreams about drinking! I’ve had 2 recently and what a relief it was to wake and realize they were only dreams. Many years ago after I kicked tobacco to the curb I had dreams of smoking. And I was so relieved on waking to realize that I hadn’t smoked.

You know, I still consider myself a smoker even though I haven’t touched a cigarette in over 34 years. It’s part of what keeps me away from tobacco because, even today, I feel that if I had a cigarette that I’d go out and buy a carton.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello everyone - dropping in for 24 more please. I gotta tell you - if this thread could smell is would be lovely! The thought of all those goodies mentioned made me grab a cuppa. And Dill’s tree is the topper!

LC - another great quote. I really love MLK Jr and I’m discouraged that this long after his death we’re still battling racial inequality in the US. I remain hopeful though - we’re human, we’re capable of change. And we’re all testaments to that!

Yep, Cowboy. Shopping’s done, gifts wrapped and mailed if necessary. This is the first Christmas that I am not stressing about anything. Talk about freedom!

Gotta run - I’ll leave the peppermint mocha creamer on the counter. I know it’s all chemical crap, but it’s the holidays! And a whole lot better than the shit I used to drink.

Hugs - ML
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Every inroad we get to labeling alcohol as toxic and restricting it's use.,. We get this crap. The LCBO is launching takeout for booze. If any of you have seen my posts about what the LCBO is in Ontario Canada. It is not doing its obligation or mandate. Great, now it's going to sell weed and we have call in early booze so we can get in and out quicker. Seriously the liquor control board of Ontario is out of hand. I understand they are competing with the USA and provinces we come in contact with. For those not in the province our liquor is expensive by comparison. 375ml 40% is about 15+$ CAD so the cost is prohibitive but it's not paying for mental health.

Okay off the soap box. We need change.

A little more... Why do we need this service. There is no competition. There is the beer store, the wine rack, the LCBO and bars and restaurants. It's all controlled. So stop making it more convenient for no reason. The LCBO is a progressive business that many small businesses aspire to be and it's award winning. It's an amazing store front but it should not be.
        Last edited by empyr3al; December 6, 2017, 12:34 AM.
        "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Comment

7:15 am here in NY. Cheers to another 24!

Comment

5:01 am in Vegas another 24 please I'm a more cakey,crumbly cookie girl that's why I've been experimenting with alternative flour,swapping sugar out with bananas etc,some turn out some don't,I'm not gonna lie tho there's basically NO homemade cookie I'll turn down,store bought I can pass on but homemade is another story
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] abcowboy

I couldn't agree more Marylou, I come here for the friendship and inspiration, and I leave hungry lol

Agreed Pauly, homemade cookies for me too! I'm not much of a cake and cookie type of guy, pastries are my downfall, or a DQ ice cream cake! But I do love Bubba's giant snickerdoodles and monster cookies! And pretty much anything with coconut or cinnamon in it!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hmmmmmm. Snickerdoodles. There's yet another cookie that I have never made! I've seen the recipe in the cook book but have always passed it by. I think it's time to make the commitment, to 24, and to making snickerdoodles some time in 2018!:happy2:
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"".. the healthy, the strong individual, is the one who asks for help when he needs it whether he's got and abscess on his knee or in his soul.""
                  It is not meant that we should shoulder our problems alone. We are in the company of others by design, and the growth that each of us needs to experience is tied closely to both the sufferings and the celebrations that come to us all.

It's 5:10 here and I'm happy to be near the end of 24 af hours.. Very happy to be here, sharing it all with you lovely people!
                  p.s.Dill, Snickerdoodles aren't hard to make at all! But they do make you sick if you eat to many! Unlike the other cookies..ha.
                  Having said that, I went to the bakery and bought cookies today.. not as good as ours here in the café though!xx
                  Last edited by lifechange; December 6, 2017, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Late check-in for me, busy.
                    24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Sunny and mild again today - we’re getting spoiled with this nice weather - great walking conditions for me and my little buddy.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Now tell me, how could these not be yummy!!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We're all going to end up diabetics if this keeps up! :egad:

Comment

6:30 am in snowy N.Y. So glad to be sitting in my warm house sipping hot coffee.....life is good. Here's to another 24!

Comment

5:08 am in Vegas another 24 please what food are we featuring today?
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

You might be right Jude lol, funny how us "lics" like our sweets!

Pauly, you remember what your mom gave you for breakfast when you were little? I remember a few of those things, and here's one of them...

Last edited by abcowboy; December 7, 2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X