• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Oh yes Cowboy,plain corn flakes with a boatload of sugar I'd pour on haha
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 more please!

Comment

Yes to 24 more, please!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""Others will always show you exactly where you are stuck. They say or do something and you automatically get hooked into a familiar way of reacting—shutting down, speeding up, or getting all worked up. When you react in the habitual way, with anger, greed, and so forth, it gives you a chance to see your patterns and work with them honestly and compassionately. Without others provoking you, you remain ignorant of your painful habits and cannot train in transforming them into the path of awakening."" - Pema Chodron

This is a nice way to think of it.. So that's why so and so has entered my life!:happy2:

Here's to 24 more! I've had a bit of a difficult one, with headaches and some gloom. Glad to be at 8:25pm and getting ready for bed!
          See you tomorrow. xx
          Last edited by lifechange; December 7, 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Quick run by this morning! At 659 am, this day is looking positive.. here's to 24 hours more for all us!

Comment

7:37 am here in NY. Running late this morning so no deep words of wisdom today. :happy2: Here's to another 24!

Comment

4:57 am in Vegas another 24 please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7:54 am on a sunny cold morning.
                  Great quote today LC. In addition to wondering why so and so came into our lives, it may also be why we retreat into isolation, so that we don't have to face our destructive patterns.
                  Mrs V starts a 11 day vacation today! I've got a few more days to go. Normally this would be drinking time not this year. We've got a neighbor's Christmas party tonight, where I've imbibed way too much before. Feeling strong, no worries.
                  We head to Colorado for a ski vacation Monday, yea!
                  24 more here please.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Loved yesterday's quote LC! Everyone enters our life for a reason!

You got this Mr V!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 8, 2017, 08:36 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Doh! Forgot to ask for another 24 hours yesterday! Must have been a seniors moment.

Anyway, another 24 hours today, please & thank-you.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"When our desire for truth outweighs our fear of change, we make choices that serve an open heart rather than a closed mind."

My thought for the day... as my desire for truth grows, my choices/decisions about so many things change.. from what I say, to how I react, who I choose to spend time with, what I eat and drink..my way of thinking is changing because my brain is in tact!.. a work in progress. I'm very happy to be on this path and in this cafè with all of you!

It's 632 am and I'm excited for an af Saturday.. 24 hours more for all of us.
                        Last edited by lifechange; December 9, 2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Senior moments happen quite often for me, QW! I didn't check in yesterday but it was just bc I got busy early and the activities of the day kept me away. I wish I had checked in. I lost my focus yesterday and allowed myself to buy wine. Luckily I only bought the one. After all this time you would think I would know better. And actually, I do know better! One glass sounds so good and so simple. But it never is just one! That's a lie I tell myself. Anyway, I'm here this morning and I'm checking it for 24. There's no wine left and nothing in the house. Thank goodness Mr. D doesn't drink or I'd be a lost cause completely. If it's here, I will drink it. Period. End of story. Feeling down this morning and upset with myself. But I must move forward. I do apologize to my friends here in the Café. 24 for me please.
                          Last edited by dill; December 9, 2017, 07:17 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:34 am in Vegas another 24 please

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Thank you for your honesty.....this might sound insensitive, but it's a good thing that you are upset with yourself about what happened. Some people would have said awww....F#$%#k it. I've screwed up now, might as well go get another bottle or 2 of wine, but you didn't. You posted here which means that you really don't want to live that kind of a life any longer. One minute I feel that there is nothing that could ever make me take a drink again, the next I'm yearning for just one glass. It's like there's another person in my head that says, "just one won't hurt, you've been good. You deserve this." It's easy to fall, so much harder to get back up again. So what if the horse threw you off, get back in the damn saddle and don't look back. :hug:

Comment

8:45 am here in NY....I'll have another 24 please!

Comment

Working...
                                X