~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello team! Using a football analogy ( I'm sure some of you hate football, i don't mind, really), I saw the end of the Army-Navy game in the snow yesterday. The Navy kicker missed a 48 yard field goal with seconds to go to lose the game. I felt so bad for that kid. But, he's not the one who put the game on the line with seconds to go, and he's not the one who pushed the kick back nearly 20 yards because of penalties. Even the announcer said, 10 yards closer and the kick would have been good. Yup, team fail. A rising tide raises all ships.Not sure what my point was there, lol.
    Headed out to work in the cold today.
    24 more for all of us, please!

Comment

Happy birthday, LC!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Now that Neo's back (I reminded him it's his week for daily quotes lol) I'd better send out a posse for [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]!

I got the analogy Mr V! There's no "I" in "team"...

Since Bubba and I spent yesterday at the in-laws for our annual perogy making day, y'all will get treated to a Ukrainian breakfast! Then I'd better rustle up a birthday cake!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 10, 2017, 08:48 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Okey dokey, here y'all go! Keep the cholesterol pills handy eh lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Birthday LC! 5:56 a.m in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

LC!

Comment

That banana walnut cake done yet LC? I'm still hungry lol

Comment

Yes it's done and mighty yummy!! We like to eat it with cream cheese..
                  I love perogy! which fillings did you make? and what are those filled donut looking friends?
                  Thank you!

Comment

Yes, where is Orimus? and Empry? and has anyone heard again from Wildflowers?

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

My culinary creations don’t photograph as beautifully as Cowboys but by 10AM today, I had made a batch of nuts n bolts and I have chocolate chip cookies ready for the oven. For the first time in many years, our 3 boys will be here for Xmas. Our youngest lives in Australia, the older two in Calgary. The nuts n bolts and chocolate chip cookies are both favourites of theirs.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Birthday LC!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks, QW! What the heck are nuts and bolts?

Comment

Nuts n bolts are a combination of many cereals, peanuts, mixed nuts or no nuts (no nuts necessitated by my granddaughters peanut allergy), pretzels and Goldfish, stirred in the turkey roaster over which a brick of melted butter, garlic powder, celery salt, Wooster and onion powder is poured. Into the oven at 200F, stirred every 20 minutes for 2 hours. Best snack ever! I currently have 6 large freezer bags full in the freezer.

There are several recipes on Google but the best part is adapting the recipe to your tastes.

QW
                            Last edited by Quit wining; December 10, 2017, 12:51 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

It's easy to have great culinary presentations and pics when you get them from google QW! lol Love nuts and bolts! Never thought of making our own though, going to have to give it a try!

We do 3 different kinds of perogy LC, sauerkraut, potato and cheddar cheese, and potato and cottage cheese. If it's just Bubba and I making them, we add a fourth kind; cream cheese, potato, and dill. The round buns are pampushky, or Ukrainian donuts. My mil also makes regular donuts as well. The pampushky can be filled with any fruit, but it's usually prunes or poppy seed. I'm not much of a prune guy, but I love the poppy seed kind!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 10, 2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X