~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So glad that I am not waking up to yet another horrendously hung over Monday. Just a few short months ago, that would have been the norm. 7:00 am here in NY, here's to another 24!

Comment

We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

We are also less prone to hate ourselves when we understand that. We all make mistakes. We must forgive and move forward in our lives, making amends where possible.

I liked your expansion on the team analogy Mr. V!

24 more for me, please.
      Last edited by dill; December 11, 2017, 07:05 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cold morning here. Headed out to Colorado today for vacation. I'll be in the mountains, so I may not be able to check in for a few days.
        24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Signing in for Another 24. Got the big Xmas coming up . No Quote but an excellent Video I came accross this weekend The Power of Addiction and The Addiction of Power: Gabor Maté at TEDxRio+20
          Last edited by Neo; December 11, 2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

too doggone early in Vegas but I'll take another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Dill.. very true!
              Nuts and bolts sound good.. will have to try that out some time!

14:00 here and I'm soooo happy to be sober. Here's to 24 hours more!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

That's another great thing about the Club and Café, so many great things to read! Thanks Dill and Neo!

Enjoy your vacation Mr V! No broken legs eh!!

Mornings are the best part of the day Pauly, especially when we don't worry about hangovers anymore!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got a special cake today for us to enjoy! You pass along a big Happy 13th. Birthday to your daughter LC from all of us here!

You tell her she's welcome to visit us old farts anytime she wants! lol
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank-you!

9 large freezer bags of nuts n bolts ready to be enjoyed over the holidays.

We’re taking our son out for lunch today, always nice to have a visit plus he enjoys the care packages we bring! The highlight for him though is to spend quality time with our pup!!

Have a great al free day everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A brisk 41 on this bright Monday morning here in Jersey. Had our first snow fall of the season yesterday.

After a week off from work on the ride in I hear there was a botched bombing attempt on Port Authority, the bus station down by 42nd street NYC. Suicide bomber strikes New York City at rush hour I'll be there Thursday on my weekly commute to our NYC offices. Makes me wonder .... what would I do if I had been there?

Committing to another 24. So many reasons to pay attention to each moment.
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

548 here, cold and grey outside.. Here's to 24 af hours!!
                        Thanks so much for the cake for my daughter, AB..

Comment

6:00 am here in snowy N.Y. Here's to another 24!

Comment

Originally posted by Orimus View Post
                            A brisk 41 on this bright Monday morning here in Jersey. Had our first snow fall of the season yesterday.

After a week off from work on the ride in I hear there was a botched bombing attempt on Port Authority, the bus station down by 42nd street NYC. Suicide bomber strikes New York City at rush hour I'll be there Thursday on my weekly commute to our NYC offices. Makes me wonder .... what would I do if I had been there?

Committing to another 24. So many reasons to pay attention to each moment.
                            Thank goodness you were not there and also that he failed in his ultimate plan. It's a scary world. You never know what might happen. But it's always been so.

Committing to another 24 here today, too.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

4:50 am in vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

In for 24. Had an urge for smokes and decided to buy 2 x 750ml flavoured milk instead for something different which I rarely ever drink. 1 was whole milk Choc and the other ,Skim milk Strawberry .Have been on and off toilet last few hours and felt crook in stomach. Never had lactose intolerance I knew of but will take labels with me to the docs next week. Prob Drank the whole lot , 1.5Litres over too short of a timeframe . Been sore in stomach and have abit of a headache. Drinking water atm . Have also been using an app called snorelab which records your snoring. Have noticed some breathing probs which I will bring up with my Doc. Would be nice to get a good nights sleep without waking up. Now that there's no alcohol or cigs, Ill work on this over the next week. Able to get a new mattress too, One I had a good sleep on at a hotel a couple of years ago. Even though fantastic, something still isn't right

Have Watched a few videos of Gabor and has some real good stuff to say so will link to another one for today Dr. Gabor Maté ~ Who We Are When We Are Not Addicted: The Possible Human
                                Last edited by Neo; December 12, 2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X