No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]

Great to have you back Ory, and all in one piece!
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 12, 2017, 08:21 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:35 am in Alberta and I would like another 24 hours please & thank-you.

We have a Chinook wind this morning and it’s 11C/51F already. People were golfing in Calgary the last few days, some wearing shorts!

Have a great af day everyone!!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please, 8:41 in Calgary.
        Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
        "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Got internet. Warmer here in the mountains than back home. Not a lot of snow.
          24 more for me please.

Comment

44 F, steely gray out here in Jersey and dim. Committing to another 24!
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:04 here.. looked out the window at 5:40 and saw a fox run across the road! We don't see so many of them here..
              I'm also committing to 24 more af hours!

Comment

6:20 am......14 degrees Fahrenheit and howling winds= -15 degree wind chill, with heavy snow. Will be a fun drive to work today, but I'm thankful for another 24!

Comment

4:44 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Let me be the first to tell you, drinking alcohol is the worst thing to do in cold weather. Hot soup is the best because the process of digesting food helps to warm you up. ~Morgan Freeman

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], I have been watching your video links. I particularly liked the first one at the end when he said we each have to bring our light to the world, or something like that. I can't remember the exact words. But it is so true and we can't do that if we are not sober!

For those of us in the northern hemisphere it's bitter cold and wind for today. Doesn't change anything commitment wise. 24 for me, please.
                    Last edited by dill; December 13, 2017, 07:46 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]

Was it a ski vacation Mr V? Enough snow for that?

Good Lord Pauly, 4:44am??

Morgan Freeman is one of the best Dill!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Woke up to a painted sky this morning. Grateful for that.
                        Yes Cowboy, out here to go skiing, but very little snow, most ski areas are only 15-20 percent open. No worries though, I come out several times a year, and will be back when there's more snow. Plenty of other stuff to do, hiking, biking, good food.
                        24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

About to head out on a walk with my 4 legged buddy. 6kms and we’re both set for the day.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Friendship has always belonged to the core of my spiritual journey. ~Henri Nouwen

Mr V, thanks for sharing the picture. The sunset here yesterday was gorgeous, but not as spectacular as the one you had! I guess it's a nice consolation prize for the lack of snow.

24 more for me and all today's Café guests.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:30 am.......Over a foot of snow blankets the hills around me; it's beauty is stunning. Mr. V, you should be skiing in upstate NY! Here's to another 24, so that I can continue to enjoy all that life has to offer, especially the simple things that so many take for granted.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Beautiful sunset Mr V! It's funny how we stop and see the all beauty in our surroundings when we're not worried about them cutting in to our drinking time! Not very good skiing conditions around here either, we have less snow now then we did at the beginning of November!

Is that a normal amount of snow for your area Jude? I know some of our eastern provinces get huge dumps, but it doesn't usually stay around for long..

Comment

Working...
                                X