• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Beautiful sky Mr.V 5:41 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Light snow this morning, still probably not as much as Jude in NY. I skied there a lot when I was younger!
      24 more for all of us, please!

Comment

A chilly 28 F and I'm hugging my hot coffee and looking out the window at the light snowfall outside. Could well imagine much of upstate NY is pretty buried as a lot of lake effect up there. I know my brother generally has feet while we only have bare inches.

10:30 here at the bunker and not much going on as they've got everything pretty much on maintenance only through the holiday season. New boots showed up yesterday, new coat today to replace the one that I've been wearing since 2006 or so. lol Committing to another 24! :happy2:
        Last edited by Orimus; December 14, 2017, 10:36 AM.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 please, 10:26 in Calgary
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

It’s been a crazy busy day - Xmas shopping, wrapping parcels, cards in the mail, baked 2 double batches of chocolate chip cookies and walked 6kms with my little buddy. Who’s got time for al?

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Yes cowboy, that much snow is typical for this area. I live about 40 miles south west of Syracuse, which is the snowiest major city in the entire U.S. We receive about 126 inches of snow a year. There are 3 different types of storms that give us most of our precipitation. This time of year we are dealing with Lake Effect snow coming off of Lake Ontario and Erie. The folks who get hit hardest are those that live just north of Syracuse...it's brutal up there! We also have the good old Nor'easter, and Alberta Clippers just to add to the fun! Good thing that I like to snowshoe!

Comment

Aahhhh, lake effect snow. Jude, I used to live in Brighton, Ontario, across Lake Ontario from Rochester. I well remember lake effect snow and not fondly!

Now that I’m an Albertan, not only do I not miss lake effect snow but find Alberta Clippers to be somewhat funny, especially because we don’t get them!

Indeed it’s good that you like to snowshoe!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

6:10 am in N.Y. here's to another 24!

Comment

The real enemies of our life are the 'oughts' and the 'ifs.' They pull us backward into the unalterable past and forward into the unpredictable future. But real life takes place in the here and now. ~Henri Nouwen

Another gorgeous sunrise here in Ohio, but it does not match the one you shared with us from Colorado, Mr. V!

Real life is in the 24 here and now. Committing to another 24! Let's go team! :sohappy:
                    Last edited by dill; December 15, 2017, 07:46 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Hope LC's travel is going good! Something tells me her and the girls were headed back to the USA to visit family as she mentioned something about being in the same time zone...

Got the 25lbs of moose jerky spiced and curing last night. Can hardly wait for tomorrow when it goes into the smoker!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Does moose jerk taste similar to beef jerky Cowboy? 5:52 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I think someone who doesn't eat wild meat on a regular basis might be able to tell the difference Pauly but they are pretty similar, I can usually only taste the spices and hickory smoke flavour lol.
                          Last edited by abcowboy; December 15, 2017, 08:58 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Quick check-in today.
                            24 more for all of us, please!

Comment

11:15 here in the bunker on a dim and gloomy day. Guess I was wrong about everything being on maintenance only leading to things being slow. Getting not so subtle nudges to line up projects for early January. Ehhh.... it'll get done though the urge to get incensed and agitated is certainly there. No need to let their emergencies be mine.

Committing to another 24!
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], yeah, North Syracuse is exactly where my brother and they are always hammered with snow fall. Didn't realized it had the title as the snowiest major city in the US but can't say I'm surprised.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Jude, winter is threatening but it’s mild compared to lake effect snow or a clipper! I won’t ask you to feel sorry for us.

Mr V - planning to post more photos? Hint, hint.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X