~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:40 am here in N.Y. and God only knows why I'm up so early on my day off! :eek-new: Guess that'll give me time to tackle all of the projects on my list today! Another 24 please.....what's for breakfast today Cowboy??

Comment

Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth. ~Bradley Whitford

I'm up early pretty much every day, Jude! Early to bed, early to rise... I think morning is the best part of the day and the time that I am most productive. Going to bed early is one of my coping methods since I don't fill the evening hours drinking anymore. The more I look back on it the more I realize drinking was nothing but escape for me toward the end. Nothing enjoyable, nothing shared with friends, just pure numbing and total emotional escape. Now I find that it is much, much better to simply go to bed early and have a healthy night's sleep!

Taking action: Committing to 24!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi Café Friends!
        Great quote, Dill, thanks for that.. I'm also a very early morning riser.. I love the quiet before the storm (2 very talkative teenaged girls!).. and feeling fit with NO regrets when I wake up.
        Gorgeous skies, V!
        yes, AB, I'm visiting my family now in sunny AZ.. so it's it's somewhat surreal to be hearing about lake effect snow (don't know what that is!) and Alberta clippers! don't know what that means either.. I love a snowy Christmas/holiday season.. but I also LOVE the desert this time of year.

I'm so happy I brought my laptop so I can keep up with all of you here..
        It's 5:22 and I'm looking forward to 24 more AF hours..
        big hugs to all of you!
        Last edited by lifechange; December 16, 2017, 07:24 AM.

Comment

5:06 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8:10 in snowy northern NJ. 24 more please. Cowboy, been thinking about you. You have an anniversary coming up right?

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] (by proxy) abcowboy

We're all glad you brought your laptop to LC! How long you stateside for?

I'll be back in a bit to talk some more, best rustle up some breakfast for y'all!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I figured something light and healthy this morning...

Think I missed your post on the x-post [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], great to see you stopping by! And by the looks of your FB pics, you had a great time in Switzerland! It's good to have you back safe and sound though. Yep, in a month or so I'll be 3 years off the sauce! Who'd a believed it, not me for sure as I was a pretty hard core drinker, I was drunk more hours in the day than I was sober, each and everyday! So if I can do it, anyone can! There's not a day goes by that I don't thank God for my sobriety, it's the best thing that could ever happen to me! And speaking of thanking God....

I really liked your quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! It sums up what I try to explain to people on why I believe God was instrumental in my sticky quit. I finally understood that He wouldn't just make me sober, I had to do the work, I had to reach inside me to find the strength He had given me to get through all the triggers, temptations, and I wishes. Without that strength, I wouldn't be sober, I'd still be a drunk.... He gives us all that strength, we just need to ask Him for it, then look inside ourselves and find it.

Sounds like most of us are early to bed, early to rise people! Maybe not quite as early as Pauly though lol. It's all a part of this new sober lifestyle, where we used to spend hours drinking and escaping, we can appreciate our evenings for what they were meant for, relaxing and de-stressing! I love the early, quiet time mornings. Coffee and reading here, keeping my thoughts in the right direction; I just need to stay sober today, deal with tomorrow, tomorrow..

Okay, sounds like I'm preaching again lol, best quit talking and get back to reading....
                Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2017, 09:40 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

K, going to ramble just a bit more, then time to get showered up as I've a busy day ahead of me! Laundry needs doing, central vac needs dumping and cleaning, garage needs cleaning, and the moose meat is ready to hit the smoker and be turned into jerky!

Anyway, we was talkin' bout all the alcohol commercials this time of year and they don't bother me much. But these commercials should be banned lol!

Comment

I too, like the early morning quiet time. Time to reflect.
                    I'd love to have some of that jerky, Cowboy!
                    I'd also love to ski in Switzerland, Liz!
                    Hi to everyone else.
                    Today's landscape, I think someone is watching over us all.
                    24 more for all of us please!

Comment

Okay, so here's my jerky making process...

Meat has sat in the spice/cure brine for 30 hours

layed out on the racks ready for the smoker

into the smoker, 185F for 5 hours

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Looking forward to the upcoming week for many reasons, the biggest of which is my youngest son will be here from Australia. Haven’t seen him in 7 years. Skype visits are great but this will be greater!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW 7 years is a long time! What a truly great Christmas gift.....family is what the season's all about! :happy2:

Comment

That's wonderful about your son coming, QW! I can't imagine 7 years! I think this will be a very special Christmas for you and your family indeed!

Thanks for the healthy breakfast, Cowboy. I do love fresh fruit! Yum! The jerky making looks like quite a process! Thanks for the pics. I'm glad you liked that quote. I had already chosen another quote for this morning when that one just leapt off the page at me. It really struck a chord with me, too. It seemed like a really eloquent way of saying, "God helps those who help themselves." A saying that I often repeat to myself. I never knew you when you first posted here. I had no idea as to the degree of your drinking, that you were drunk more hours of the day than sober. I guess I was on my way to that level, but not quite there yet. It doesn't matter the degree of our drinking tho as much as it matters how it was affecting our lives. My marriage was on shaky ground with the way things were heading tho as I was drinking every night and Mr. D was feeling pretty darned deserted. Glad those times are in the rearview!

LC, glad to have you stateside! Instead of you being 6 or so hours ahead of me you will be 2 or 3 hours behind me for the duration.

Liz, great to see you. Glad you are back safe and sound from Switzerland and that you had a good time.
                            Last edited by dill; December 16, 2017, 07:03 PM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Had a Slip on Friday, nearly made the week. Picked up and Day 2 done. finished Day 1 on smokes . Nice salmon for tea. Let's go 24. Will get some quotes going again.That been said, I got pulled up at 6.30pm for a random breath test last week and it was nice to say I had nothing to drink after my sober streak. First time I've done RBT in along time ,but can't be too careful this time of year
                              Last edited by Neo; December 17, 2017, 05:35 AM.

Comment

“Sometimes you can only find Heaven by slowly backing away from Hell".– Carrie Fisher

7:20 am here in N.Y., cold and grey but the landscape is freshly coated with yesterdays snowfall. The snow covered hills surrounding me, give off a deep feeling of peace, and I am utterly content sitting here in my warm home. I missed so much in life when I was drinking, thankfully I am fortunate enough to be able to make up for lost time. Hope that everyone is having a wonderful morning!
                                Last edited by Jude58; December 17, 2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X