• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:29 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

That's some beautiful scenery you're getting to enjoy Mr V!

7 years QW? That's a long time! Technology helps stay in touch, but nothing better than giving the ones we love a big hug! Oh ya, congrats to you today as well!

When I read your quote this morning Jude, I immediately thought of my rock bottom.....thanks for reminding us that you have to go through some tough times to find the good times...
      Last edited by abcowboy; December 17, 2017, 09:03 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I was wondering LC if it's easy for you and the girls to switch over to speaking English, or do you do that quite often at your home?
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi Everyone!
          Great quote, Jude!! I'm in full agreement with you.. so happy to be enjoying cozy mornings, coffee, hanging out here with all of you!
          QW, such great news about your son visiting!! 7 years is way too long..
          AB, that jerky looks delicious! and thanks for the breakfast yesterday.. we will be here for 4 weeks!
          Dill, I can't remember where you live.? I'm very happy to be stateside at the moment!

It's 7:17 on a rainy morning.. what?! Well the desert needs it so I'll try not to be selfish..:happy2:
          Wishing you all a wonderful and AF Sunday.. Looking forward to 24 more..

Comment

Xpost AB.. yes, it's easy. The girls have always spoken to me in English and it's all I speak with them.. unless we're around people who don't understand very well.
            German is definitely their stronger reading and writing language.. so I'm happy for them to be fully emerged here.
            What are you doing to celebrate your 3 year anniversary? You'll let us know when it is so that we can bake a big fat cake for you, right?

Comment

Morning all,
              LC, glad your'e getting a good long visit with family! Do the girls have 4 weeks off school? I would have killed for that as a kid, lol.
              QW, so great to be able to see your son after 7 years, such a long time.
              Great looking jerky, cowboy!
              Bet it was nice to say you weren't drinking at the sobriety checkpoint, Neo. There seem to bee a lot of those where Dill and I live. They even publish the date and time of them in the newspaper. Some have complained that it defeats the point, but the police say any way to keep the drunks off the road helps.
              I'll need 48 backing away from hell, as I'm traveling tomorrow, and won't have time to check in.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Headed to the stores at 7:30 and finished the Xmas shopping. Great time of day to go!

Just home from a 6km walk with my little buddy. No snow, temp +6 and windy, not bad for mid-December in Alberta!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in for me. I was on here early this morning but forgot to chime in! LOL! Anyway, just a couple hours 'til bedtime with another 24 done and dusted.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Comment

“It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.” – Agnes Repplier

Sometimes a simple sentence can speak volumes.....quiet morning at 5:15 am in N.Y. Here's to another 24 guys!

Comment

Interesting thought, Jude. Where do you look to find happiness? In our declaration of independence our founders wrote that all people have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. They implied that happiness was not an innate God given right, but the pursuit of it was. Happiness is an internal state, but it isn't just automatically there at all times. We must pursue it. Thru our actions, we nurture it. We each find it through different means. Oh! this is too deep! I need another cup of coffee! LOL!

Cowboy, I was thinking of you yesterday morning in Church when I was gazing at the 3 lit Advent Candles. Thank you!

LC, I'm in southern Ohio, along with Mr. V!

Committing to 24 more!
                        Last edited by dill; December 18, 2017, 07:41 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

another day. Lets go

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

I think you've got quite a bit of sober time in this past year Neo, now we just got to figure out how to make all that time run concurrently...nope, make that consecutively lol
                            Last edited by abcowboy; December 18, 2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

5:11 am in vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I agree with Dill Jude, that's a pretty profound statement, but I kinda agree with both of you. When I read it, my thoughts immediately went to my dad, and I enjoyed a moment of happiness. My dad always said that happiness is just a state of mind, just like any other emotion, if you learn to change your thoughts, you can change your emotional well-being. He told us boys that we have to figure out what makes us happy, then focus our minds on those things. I figured out pretty early in life that material things didn't bring happiness, ya, there was some satisfaction for achieving or acquiring those things, but the happiness came from knowing that I was able to achieve something if I was determined enough. I do agree that you don't find happiness within yourself, happiness comes from being grateful for everything in our lives.....

Comment

Working...
                                X