Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great quote, Jude!
    From my experience it all has to do with my perspective. I can make or break any life situation with how I decide to "see" it. What I'm learning now, finally, is that it is possible to change perspective mid-stride.. If I miss it at first, it's almost never too late to take a step back and figure out how to go at it differently. Let me say that I've only had the opportunity to put this to the test in more or less "normal" life situations.. but I'm hoping that with this daily practice, I'll also be able to put it into action when something bigger/more difficult comes along.. which it's bound to!
    Mr. V., the girls are actually missing 2 weeks of school.. but it was approved so there won't be any negative consequences.. They both have big years coming up where we won't be able to get away, so this was sort of our last chance.

What do you all have planned for the Holidays?

6:51 and time to make breakfast! Or I might just go out and fetch some donuts!
    Here's to 24 more, lovely people..
    Last edited by lifechange; December 18, 2017, 08:52 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I do have a response to your posts, but my brain is on strike today...will have to wait till after I get home from work. :happy2:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m going to Mexico next month. I always feel better knowing the weather is nasty at home while I’m soaking up the sunshine but apparently I started my snow dance too soon as we got some of the white stuff overnight. Doh! Anyway, my little buddy and I were able to do our 6km route just fine this morning.

A sad anniversary this week, 10 years since my Dad passed away from cancer. I regret that he didn’t get to meet my grandkids nor they him.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

another 24 please, 2:06pm in Calgary
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

4:20 here at the bunker and a bit of a quiet, gray day. Committing to another 24!

What makes you happy? | TED Talks
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“Every worthy act is difficult. Ascent is always difficult. Descent is easy and often slippery.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Good morning!

I'm sure that many of those here can relate to these words in one way or another....I try to keep in mind that the view from the top of the mountain is almost always better than the one at the bottom.

6:10 am here on a rainy day in N.Y. here's to another 24....

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] Your Dad sounds like a very wise man...words to live by. On the subject of happiness, and where it comes from, I believe that a lot of it does come from within us. Can we be happy all of the time? Doubtful, unless you're on some very good drugs and out of touch with reality. I think that true happiness comes with having the weapons to battle all of those things in life over which we have no control. To me, those things come from within, having the inner strength to analyze any given situation, and say "O.K. how do we deal with this problem." Life can throw us some doozies, from something as minor as the car not starting to major blows, like losing a loved one. How we deal with situations that we can't control can make or break us. We don't always get to choose the events in our lives, but as has been said many times, we do get to choose how we deal with those events. We almost always have tools and outside resources available to us in times of need, but to me, the way to overcome any battle has to start our inner strength.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION].....it really is too early to think too much....I'm heading for a second cup of coffee now!

Comment

Another good quote, Jude! It often takes effort to go in the right direction and to do the right thing. But with practice it becomes habit and things get easier. For me the trick at this point as far as drink is concerned is to never, never forget where that first drink leads me.

That in mind, I'm committing to another 24!

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], you asked about holiday plans: We are staying home and having a quiet Christmas Eve with just Mr. D and I. Then on Christmas Day we will have our son and grandchildren over for dinner and gift exchange. Now that you mention it, I have to start thinking about what I am having for dinner! I know we will have ham, but the rest I haven't thought thru. I am sure there will be a pie tho! What are your holiday plans?
                  Last edited by dill; December 19, 2017, 06:43 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:22 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] (by proxy) abcowboy

I agree dill, the daily quote is a big part of the thread! I'm so glad LC came up with the idea of taking turns. I know not every one can do it and that's fine with me, but we all benefit from the different styles of quotes used here! Love y'all to death for being on this journey with me!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Back home and committed to another 24.
                        A couple of work assignments today, busy.

Comment

Not too much planned here for the holidays LC. We'll go to the in-laws Christmas Eve day as the kids will be here for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. That's about it for us. Which reminds me, I'd better go get Bubba a gift! I usually get it on the 24th, but we'll be in Vegreville that day lol.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

1:49 pm here in the bunker and it's up to 54 F. Committing to another 24.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” – Henry Ford

Good morning all!

It's 4:30 am here in N.Y. Another 24 please....

Comment

Working...
                                X