No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed my first quiet day off yesterday, was hoping to get 5 days off in a row but I don’t think that’s going to happen. Shovelled snow twice yesterday and looks like I’ve got a date with the snow shovel today as well! The warm weather we’ve been enjoying has come to an end, the temp has been steadily dropping since last night, and we’re going down to -30C today (-22F) and it’s supposed to be that way all week. I imagine I’ll be called out more than a few times with furnace repairs, frozen water lines, etc. And I’ll need to start plugging my truck in to make sure it starts when I get called out!

QW, I can only imagine the love you feel watching the expressions on the faces of your grandkids as they tear into their gifts! Enjoy your time with your family! Good on you for being able to have the liquor store experience, I’ve only been in one a couple of times in the past 3 years picking up supplies for others. Maybe your dil knew you had the strength to git’er done!

I did text Pauly on Friday Dill, she’s having a tough go at it right now, can’t seem to get that door slammed shut. So [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], just to let you know, I don’t care if and when you’re drinking! You get your butt here and post! Tell us what you’re struggling with and let us help in any way we can!

Lots of others here that I should mention as well, and I’ll do that over the coming days. But y’all just remember that you’re in my thoughts and prayers. Best finish my coffee and hit the shower, shovel the driveway, then head to the in-laws for a traditional meatless Christmas Eve supper. Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

7:52 and happy about the next af 24 hours!! Wishing you all happy Holiday days..
      Thank you for being here!

Comment

Congrats LC!!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Merry Christmas
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas!

Here's to 24 more!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good Morning all! 7:05 am here in snowy N.Y. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas filled with inner peace, which for many of us, can only come with sobriety. Really missing Bailey's in my coffee this morning but an AF day is a small sacrifice to make in exchange for a life filled with love, promise and hope.

So to all of my new found family, have an awesome day and enjoy all the gifts that life has to offer!

Here's to another 24, and thank you!

Comment

“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

6:15am in a very cold northeastern Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Merry Christmas everyone! You've given yourselves the greatest gift ever, your sobriety! So no quitting on your quit eh! :hug:
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 25, 2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Comment

Love the pic cowboy! Merry Christmas!
                        Last edited by Jude58; December 25, 2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Found a few minutes of quiet this morning to check in before the madness begins.
                          Merry Christmas everyone.
                          Here's to a sober 24!

Comment

9:37 on a Christmas morning here in Jersey. 36 F and a dusting of snow. There was a winter weather advisory but it was cancelled. Committing to another 24.

Merry Christmas to all celebrating today. Peace, love and hope to you and your families.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

7:54 here and wishing everyone a wonderful day.. a Merry Christmas to those celebrating.
                              Peace and love to all of you! and a happy 24 af hours..

Comment

Merry Christmas Cafe
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X