~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Morning all....6:40 here in N.Y. 24 more please and thank you!
    Last edited by Jude58; December 26, 2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

We are still in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the season. Our son and grandchildren came on Christmas day and stayed overnight last night. The house looks like a disaster area with piles of gifts and empty gift boxes everywhere you look! But there will be plenty of time to clear away the chaos in the days to come. It's been a wonderful Christmas in many, many ways. I hope you each had a good Christmas and enjoyed our best gift: a sober Christmas Day.

And on to 24 more, please.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"So many times I wish I could have lived a life without making any wrong turns. In reality, a path like that doesn't exist. We fall. We get lost. We make mistakes. We get up and live."

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for stopping by Nora, hope your Christmas was great! Come'on Pauly, time to get back in the saddle, no more gettin' thrown eh!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 26, 2017, 08:55 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The kids all arrived around noon yesterday. Had a great day visiting, a fantastic Christmas dinner, and played Uno well past my bedtime lol. All in all it was a Christmas to remember, and I remember every minute of it because there wasn't a single drop of booze consumed, by anyone!

The kids spent the night, except for Adam & Darcie, they will be back in this morning for breakfast and to spend the rest of the day. Got the kids one more night, then they head back to Adam and Darcie's for their last night before heading home. I will always cherish the time I get to spend with them....
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thinkin' maybe a simple breakfast after all the food and chocolates I had yesterday!

Comment

Yummy! Thanks for the brekkie, AB!
              Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas!
              That goes for all of you..
              Here was nice as well.. pretty much stressfree! and AF for me. I'm very happy to have that "first" in the bag.
              It's 7:42 here and I'm looking forward to 24 af hours...

Comment

Sunny and cold here this morning. Christmas was controlled chaos, as always, so many people. But AL free.
                got home just after midnight last night, to find a leak under the kitchen sink, another hour of cleanup. Got some work to do today.
                My wife was all stressed about it, but not me, took it in stride, glad I was sober and able to deal with the problem.
                24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Home from my son and daughter in law’s house. Much chaos but the grandkids had fun, exactly the way it should be.

I was very tempted the other evening but stayed strong and watched others drink too much. So glad I didn’t cave!

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Awesome, QW! So glad to hear you stood by yourself and didn't cave...

Comment

6:30 am... 10 degrees F here in N.Y. and I don't even want to know what the wind chill is. Hope that everyone enjoyed their holiday and stuck by their quit. I'll have another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Current temp here is -1 F, so believe me [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm feelin' your pain! I don't want to know about the wind chill either! Anyway you look at it tho it will still be a darn good day not to drink, if I may borrow a phrase from [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

24 please.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cold and sunny this morning.
                          Glad to hear many stayed sober despite the urges, especially Jude and QW. way to go.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

"Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds."

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thank...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Yep Dill, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

As I was reading through quotes this morning, the one I chose reminded me of all of us! Not just those still struggling, but even those who have days or years of sobriety. None of us can ever give up. Things happen, temptations arise (way to go Jude and QW) and we all have those moments of "maybe". But if we give up, give in to that moment, we let alcohol win again. It was a good reminder to myself, I can never give up on my quit....

Comment

8:03 here and 24 more af hours is what this day is calling for.. for all of us!
                                I managed to pick up a cold and am feeling like a buck o five. So it will be a quiet day.
                                Crazy Jude and Dill.. we're expecting 77° today! It seems so "unseasonal" but it's kindof normal for here. We'll be in for a shock when we head home.
                                Hope everyone has a nice Wednesday..

Comment

Working...
                                X