No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"In setting goals in life, you determine the essence of the change that will be happening and this decision will take you from the present to the desired goal. Between the two points, the present and the goal, there's the journey: your life. Starting to live a life that you control begins with making decisions about goals."

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks Marylou! Just so's you know, it's -35C here this morning, -48 with wind chill! Someone please remind me why I love living here??
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the week of quotes, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. You had some gems. I like todays a lot and will print it out to share with someone I know who needs to hear that message.

:welcome: [MENTION=23428]BetseyG[/MENTION], I enjoyed reading your story. It sounds like you fashioned your whole life around alcohol your obsession was so strong. It was interesting to me that it took a good sponsor to hold your feet to the fire. Thank goodness you found her!

24 more please!
      Last edited by dill; December 30, 2017, 09:00 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm looking forward to reading yours this coming week dill!

Yep know all about it QW, funny thing is, the temp never stops us though lol

LC, something tells me you've got it right this time, it shows in your attitude!

Woke up this morning to a 14C (60F) house. The furnace quit working sometime during the night. Out in my housecoat and Bogg's to clean the furnace exhaust vent of ice to get the furnace running again. Bubba said she was grateful she married a plumber! But she did remind me that she mentioned the ice buildup a couple days ago lol

Had to edit this because of a "notification" from my sobriety calendar lol. Congrats Ori! The countdown to year one begins!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 30, 2017, 09:18 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cold and snowy here this morning. I don't mind, I like winter, at least for a little while, lol.
          Working today and tomorrow.
          24 more for all of us please.

Comment

I'm in a warm Winter place which is lovely at the moment.. But come March or April at the latest when it hits 100°, and especially during the Summer when the highs hit 116°, ughhh!!! I love the change of seasons.. and cold and snow in the Winter.. though it sounds like you all have Extreme cold! Not sure how I'd do with that.
            Good to see everyone stopping by the Café. I'm already looking forward to Sunday breakfast!
            Yes, AB, thank you for the great week of quotes! I also love todays.
            Here's to 24 more af hours for us all. Let's celebrate the decision we've made and this journey we're on..not always easy, but so worth it.
            (says me coming out of my foggy headed congested cold!:happy2

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Just checked the weather conditions in Tulum, Mexico where were headed in just over two weeks and they’re +28 or 82Fand here it’s -28 or -18F.

Cowboy, we love it here for many reasons, even if the freezing temperatures make us wonder why.

LC, I burned my hands on a seatbelt buckle in Phoenix in April two years ago, it was 116F. I prefer our climate I think.

Have a great weekend everyone and from this cold corner of the world, best wishes for a happy, healthy and al free 2018!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. ~Earl Nightingale

Is it just me or are the years really flying by?!

24 hours at a time. Alcohol free for me, please.
                Last edited by dill; December 31, 2017, 05:41 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote dill, and so true! Yes, I agree with you that the years are really flying by too fast. I can remember as a kid how time would often drag on, and it seemed as though tomorrow couldn't get here soon enough. (especially if tomorrow was the last day of school It's kind of scary if you think about it too much, so I guess that we should live by the words in your quote today. Enjoy the here and now because tomorrow is never promised for anyone....

It's 0 degrees F this morning with expected wind chills in the minus thirties....Brrrrr! I should be thankful as I know for some of you it will even be colder than that today. Put me in for another 24 please.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Breakfast is ready!

Comment

Cold and grey this morning with a possible light dusting of snow.
                      Working today, then a small party tonight. I will be celebrating my sobriety.
                      24 more for all of us please.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7am here.. Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Let's follow Dill's quote and enjoy every moment of this af day..
                          We don't have any special plans and will probably fall asleep before the fireworks.. but I'm very much looking forward to 2018 and am happy to be starting off on the right foot.
                          Thanks for the breakfast, AB!

Comment

Enjoy every moment, oh, if it were only that easy...but it is easy to be grateful for every moment because no matter what you're going through at any single moment, somebody somewhere in the world is going through a tougher moment than you. That's what I keep in mind when I start feeling down, someone, somewhere, is having a harder time than me. It keeps my life in perspective...

I think there's times that I actually take my sobriety for granted. It's easy to forget how hard getting sober really was. I've come to expect that I'll stay sober today, that I don't have to work for it. And I think today I'm not going to think about what next year will bring, I'm going to think about this past year. What would I change if I could, what can I do to make a difference in the world. No resolutions for me, just some goals. By this time next year I want to be nicotine free, I need to accept the fact that I'm getting older and bite the bullet and get dentures and hearing aids. I need to spend some time on self-care so that I keep getting older lol. And I really need to stop taking things for granted. Nothing in life is free, everything takes a bit or a lot of work, and it's east for me to forget that.

Looks like another shut-in day for us, -33C this morning but temps start to rise overnight so tomorrow should be much warmer. Nothing planned for the 3 of us here tonight so I might hang out in the chatbox if anyone wants to join me....

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], that is the second time in recent days that you have mentioned hanging out in chatbox. Is there some kind of trick to that? When I click on chatbox the window opens up but there is nothing happening there and there are no recent messages. Just a bunch of old messages that say the feature is no longer working properly or that they are disappointed that it is not actively being used. What am I missing here?
                              Dill

Comment

Dill...I have the same problem with chatbox. It's like no one is ever on there. What's the secret cowboy....anybody? Would love to check it out sometime.

Comment

Working...
                                X