No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I typed a message into the chat box and it seemed to work okay...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I did the same [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]. It did seem to work! I'll look in again later.

Try again, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Type in a message. Maybe it's working after all but nobody knows it! LOL
      Last edited by dill; December 31, 2017, 03:59 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy New Year

I'll try to catch you all in chat too.
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I read this online earlier and thought it especially appropriate today. I know I’m guilty of having driven under the influence in the past, hopefully never again.
          “Today will be someone’s last day with their parent, spouse, child or sibling due to a drunk driving accident. If you go out drinking, don’t f’ing drive”!!

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year! And waking up January 1st without a hangover!!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy New Year to all here at MWO! My first sober New Year's Eve in a very long time! Woke up with a clear head and conscious, very grateful for that. We all mark the holidays as milestones in our lives, yet it's all the days in between that really matter. Every time that you say no to alcohol, no matter what day of the year, is a huge hurdle overcome. I agree that the holidays do have more temptations than other days, but I also think that we are often more vigilant during those times. Those f#&# it times can hit no matter if it's a Tuesday or a Friday....watch out for them.

Hope that everyone has a fabulous day! Committed to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

What you do today can improve all your tomorrows. ~ Ralph Marston

It's the first day of a New Year and it is filled with hope and optimism. It will be our first 24 of 2018! To quote [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], "Let's git it!"
              Last edited by dill; January 1, 2018, 06:23 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy New Year Cafe 5:10 am in Vegas another 24 please!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Congrats Mr V! Another month dusted!

Happy New Year y'all!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

2F, sunny and cold, but beautiful.
                    Happy to be un-hung this New Years day.
                    Here's to a great and sober 2018 for all of us.
                    24 More please.
                    (Thanks Cowboy!)

Comment

Happy New Years everyone!
                      Thanks for that reminder, Jude! It's true that it's often on the normal days that we're taken off guard. My goal for this year is to be as present as possible each day, to be aware of how I'm feeling and of what is going on around me. There have been/are up and down days but in general, it's been exciting to get to know myself. Sometimes I panic and want to run away as fast as possible.. but learning to sit and accept and make changes when and where I can is awesome, to say the very least.
                      Thanks AB, too, for your post with the reminder to never take this for granted! I know I already do at times! Crazy.. but then I usually have a feeling of the big fat EGO taking over which I know to be dangerous.. even if (especially when) it's subtle I have to take care.
                      I'm grateful to all of you here in the Café! Thank you for being here each and every day..
                      8a.m. here and looking forward to 24 more for all of us.
                      Last edited by lifechange; January 1, 2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Ever nice to wake up with a clear head this morning.

It’s supposed to warm up today, YAY! My little buddy and I both need a walk.

Happy 2018 everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I think it's nice to age gracefully. OK, you lose the youth, a certain stamina and dewy glow, but what you gain on the inside as a human being is wonderful: the wisdom, the acceptance and the peace of mind. It's a fair exchange.
                          ~Cherie Lunghi

This quote seems out of place, I know. But it is in response to Cowboy's mention the last couple of days about accepting the realities of aging in the new year. This quote caused me to reflect also on how very important it is to have your "inside" in order, which in our case means defeating our demon and living the best, cleanest, most simple and uncomplicated life that we can.

Here's to 24 more!
                          Dill

Comment

5:15 here and happy to be starting 24 more af hours!

Comment

8:06 here in FL. 24 more for me please. Snowflakes! Time to get out the fur-lined flip flops. :eeks::eeks:
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

5:20 am in Vegas another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X