~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other. ~Walter Elliot

One of my New Year's Resolutions was kept and I am reaping the rewards right now with my morning coffee. I pulled out my old Betty Crocker cook book and looked up the recipe for Snickerdoodles! Yum!

24 more, please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on your 48 hrs [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] . Everybody has to start or restart somewhere.....it's great that you're trying again!
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Great quote this morning dill....send me some of those Snickerdoodles!!

QW All of my dogs are from a "rescue" and as you stated, not sure who rescued who. Animals add so much to our lives, yet they ask for nothing more than food and shelter. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Your wife needs you now more than ever, and I'm glad that you are staying AF not only for her, but for yourself as well.

Here's to another 24! Have a great day all!
      Last edited by Jude58; January 4, 2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

4:30 am in Vegas (grrr) another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22328]PanhandleKim[/MENTION] abcowboy
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

12F and light snow this morning. Heat wave coming, we might hit 35F Sunday!
            QW, I have a cousin with was diagnosed with Parkinson's about 3 years ago. He had to vacate his job as a police officer in Florida. But he has not slowed down. He's only in his early 40's.
            Welcome back Kim, Good to see you. You can do this!
            24 more for all of please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
              Feeling downright balmy here at 20 degrees!

Semi-retired at 61 here. Took an early retirement buyout from my company, and now working freelance in the same field. I work anywhere from 2-7 days a week, lol, so much for retirement. Don't really need the money as Mrs V has a good job, and carries the health benefits. Debt free except the mortgage, which will be done in just a few years.
              Dill, I do remember the winter of 93-94. spent some of the time outside working! Also remember the winter of 77 when the Ohio river froze. Just out of high school, in Kentucky, Maysville, and we walked across. Also, ice skated up three mile creek for miles!
              Better get ready for winter![ATTACH=CONFIG]3999[/ATTACH]
              OMG, I remember the blizzard of '77 as well! I was just finished with graduate school at Miami U and was trying to find a way to get to the next phase of my life. But wow! I remember the drifts and the piles of snow on either side of the country roads where the plows had been! It was like a snow tunnel! I also remember about the Ohio River freezing. What great memories for you! The blizzard of '78 found me newly married and living in Yellow Springs. We had two dogs that were escape artists. (a Brittany Spaniel and a Shepherd mix) We had a great fenced in yard but no matter what we did, they found a way out! LOL! Well, unfortunately for them, they decided to go adventuring just before that snow storm hit. They were gone for days, hunkered down only God knows where. When the weather finally cleared they appeared, hungry and with ice balls clinging to their fur! LOL They had a new appreciation of home after that!
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great to see you again Kim! Like Dill, I wonder about the members who join and then disappear. I usually follow up with a pm just to check on them, and then wait.... This online recovery thing is quite different, I think it takes even more commitment than say a once a week face to face meeting, but no matter what recovery path we choose, we must make a commitment to it. Some of us need to check in every day, some not as often, but you have to start every day with a commitment to yourself to stay sober for that day. I start the day with the "Our Father", and then I say to myself "today is going to be a darn good day not to drink" (got that little gem from a fellow off another forum), sort of self-brainwashing lol. Welcome back, start each day with a commitment to yourself!

I really admire people like you QW! I've got in an appreciable amount of sober time, but I often think that my sobriety hasn't really been tested. I know it will, and when that day comes I'm hoping I'll have the strength that you have!

Pauly, I know you're an early riser, so I hope you're also hitting the pillow early! But since you're up early, I'll have 3 eggs over easy, extra bacon, hash browns, 2 slices of white, and an extra large black dark roast please lol.

You quotes have been spot on this week Dill! It's the many small battles that win the war!

Missed saying a bunch but had to start over because I forgot to check the "remember me" box and lost most of my post! The auto save only saved the first 3 sentences lol.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning everyone!
                  Yes, thanks for the quotes this week, Dill.. and I would love to have some snickerdoodles with my coffee.. I'll have to get on making some this week as my plan is to cut the sugar A LOT upon returning home. (next Thursday, AB).
                  Welcome back again, Kim! Good to have you here.
                  Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
                  Here's to 24 more af hours.

Comment

Empy, a few more comments about the Yukon government removing those warning labels.

How do the executives of the brewers, distillers, wine makers sleep at night, knowing the harm their product does cause and can cause?

“Please drink responsibly” is what I recall seeing on their product and in their advertising. I’m sorry but that just doesn’t cut it.

How many people have died as a result of their addiction to al? How many alcoholics have put a strain on our health care system? How many innocent people have been killed by drunk drivers? And for what? So the manufacturers who lobby our elected officials can get rich.

Politicians are used to having tax revenues from the sale of these poisons so they’re reluctant to do anything, the apparent exception being the government of the Yukon. Even though they ultimately caved, at least they took a stance. In Canada, liquor is so heavily taxed compared to our American neighbours. For example, a 4L box of wine here is $44, in Oregon I bought a 5 L box for $13.

Maybe we need to pressure senior levels of government to support initiatives such as the one in the Yukon. We know that government won’t do anything to lessen the amount of revenue they take but maybe they can be guilted in to taking stronger action against those who poison us.

And later this year, marihuana will be legal in Canada. Can’t wait to see what impact that has!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; January 4, 2018, 01:25 PM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’m off my soapbox now and would appreciate another 24 hours, please & thank you!

Heading out with my 4 legged buddy in a few minutes in above 0C temps and sunshine. I hope our friends on the NA east coast are doing as well as possible in the storm. Stay safe!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I for one, enjoyed your rant, QW and agreed whole-heartedly with it. I am one who is saddened by the legalization of recreational marijuana. I feel strongly that it isn't about much more than a way for state governments to fill their coffers at the expense of society in general. If they want to make pot legal, then that should be all they do. They should not get into the business of regulating it so they can sell it and make money thru taxation. That's how I see it.
                        Dill

Comment

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later. ~Og Mandino

One last round of Christmas chaos this weekend. My daughter and gson (age 6) arrived last night. Wonderful to see them!!! Today my son and other two grand kids arrive (ages 6 and 12) and we have one more round of gift exchanging. It's going to be fantastic to enjoy it all AF! No, this is not my first af Christmas. But first, last, it doesn't matter. The part that matters is the alcohol free part! That is a true gift and it never gets old.:happy2:
                          Dill

Comment

7:30 am here in snowy, frigid N.Y. 0 degrees F with a wind chill of -30 something, 8-12 inches of snow today, to be continued tomorrow. O.K. I'm done whining now, thankful that I have a warm, dry home, and a big enough tractor to plow out the driveway! :egad:

Liked the quote dill!

Has anyone heard from Orimus lately??

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Dill enjoy your family,that's a full house!Jude,I'm sure Ori is fine,,I was wondering about Neo the other day though I haven't seen him in a bit,Cowboy,yes I'm a nerd and go to bed early haha,5:01 am in Vegas another 24 please QW,I liked reading your rant too
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Any of those snickerdoodles left Dill? Would love a couple with my morning coffee lol.
                                Last edited by abcowboy; January 5, 2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X