~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, I'm so sorry to hear about your day (what a huge drag with the furnace) and especially your dog. I know from experience how scary that is.. hope the little one is feeling better now.
    QW, happy belated Birthday!
    Mr. V, thanks! I'm feeling pretty darn good right now.. for years! my old tripping up point was around 2 weeks af.. so this is fairly new territory for me, which is sometimes scary, but mostly just really exciting!
    You're sounding great, Dill! Thanks for the awesome quotes this week..

ok Off to the market. 8:13 here and happy to be beginning another 24 hours af. Thank God I don't drink!!!!

Comment

Thanks cowboy..... Grateful that the hubby is pretty handy around the house. Before he started working for the state, he had his own business doing RV repairs; glad to see that he still has his skills. I was supposed to work today, and did give it a whirl, but after driving through close to a mile of whiteouts, I gave up. That, and the huge plow in the ditch and blocking the road changed my mind in a hurry and I called in. Some days I feel as though I live in the North Pole! Having a discouraging day, but still sober.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the cake! Cowboy, you’ve outdone yourself!! I think I’ll tell everyone that I’m only 18C old just to see their reaction.

The steaks were melt in your mouth delicious!

Another mild day here. Time to start the snow dance soon as Mexico is only 10 days away! I would feel so much better if my neighbour had to shovel my driveway while I’m away. Last year it was mild while we were gone, up to +15C, and I shovelled his driveway 4 times when he went south.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I had a fleeting thought yesterday as I was grilling the steaks of how much I used to enjoy a couple of glasses of my favourite merlot while I was at the barbecue and then of course, more wine with the meal. Fortunately it was a fleeting thought BECAUSE I DON’T DRINK!

Have a great af day everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Hey, QW! Those thoughts come from out of nowhere at times! Great you were alert and saw them for what they were. Thoughts of a drinker....WHICH YOU ARE NOT! :congratulatory: Happy belated Birthday!

24 more here, please and thank you!
            Last edited by dill; January 7, 2018, 06:55 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well, you know that the weather is bad when many of the church's have canceled services today.

@QW...I used to love having a never-ending glass of wine when I was cooking. It's at these times when the cravings come on strong, but so far I have been able to resist.

Anyway, here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Back in here to start the year off with 24 free. Caught up with some friends who quit marijuana a few months ago and they look so much healthier and younger. Going to help me keep at it

Yes we can get memory back to normal Myths and Facts about Alcohol and Brain Damage

Johann Hari: Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong | TED Talk
                Last edited by Neo; January 7, 2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Happy belated birthday QW! Hope your day was good great to see you Neo! 5:04 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"It may not be easy at times, but in those times of struggle you will find a stronger sense of who you are, so when the days come that are filled with frustration and unexpected responsibilities, remember to believe in yourself and all you want your life to be, because the challenges and changes will only help you to find the goals that you know are meant to come true for you. Keep believing in yourself."

6:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for all the quotes this past week Dill! As Pauly said, great to see you back Neo!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; January 7, 2018, 08:29 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready y'all!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Day 1 here and 2pm...please God give me this 1st 24

Comment

10F, feels like a heat wave coming on!
                          Might need to grill some steaks, too! Have not had red meat in weeks.
                          Happy birthday, QW! I think I'll start with my age in Celsius, too, lol!
                          Sure is tough living in upstate NY, Jude. But oh so beautiful in the summer. Hope the doggie's good. Mine's getting so old now, she can barely take care of business.
                          Yesterday, Mrs. V and I went to a movie, but parked in front of my old watering hole, she asked if I missed going in, I could only honestly answer yes, and no. But it sure does feel good to to drink. She said she too, misses going in, mostly because we were together, but, I'm so much easier to be around.
                          24 more for us all please!

Comment

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION], it is so great to see you! I worried about you when you stopped posting, especially because your last posts had mentioned your significant other seeming to be sort of clueless as to what the nature of this beast is. The first 24 is hard, but You can do it!!

Neo, great to see you too! It's really helpful to you having people in your real world who you can see improvement in. You can have what they have!

Hey Mr. V, you and Mrs. V are better off together at a movie rather than in the old watering hole, eh?

LC, Jude, Pauly, Cowboy, QW and all readers, have a great alcohol free day!
                            Last edited by dill; January 8, 2018, 06:31 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Awesome looking breakfast Cowboy!

Reminds me of a bad pun.........

A guy orders eggs Benedict in a diner. His meal is served to him on a hubcap. Puzzled, he asks what’s up.

The server replies, “ There’s no plate like chrome for the hollandaise”

And on that note, another 24 hours please & thank you. Off to supper with a group of people this evening and I’ll be the designated driver for some.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

6:30 am here in NY...another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X