~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION], well done to you on another day! You are 5 hours ahead of me here, but I'll be completing another day too in 5-6 hour's time! Hope your new job is to your liking. See you tomorrow!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello everyone! I feel like I’ve been gone forever! We went to visit the new granddaughter and got sick the day we got home. That was a week ago and I’m grateful it’s not flu. I need to catch up on the goings but welcome back emp! 24 more for me please.
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

A little warm-up today with lots of sun.
        Woke up out of sorts today at 5am, couldn't go back to sleep. Lots of anxiety, but not sure why, gotta sort it out.
        Seem a little depressed, maybe I can't see the displays of what might be beginning. But, I am not dwelling on the past.
        Maybe I'm stuck at that point where I have not yet learned to move on. The point where I was all those years ago when drinking took over. The only way out is through.
        24 more please

Comment

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], sorry to hear you woke early and feeling anxious. That happens to me from time to time. There are ongoing situations in my life over which I have no control. I often have to reflect on the situation, my part to play, whether I'm doing all I can or not, what else I might try. Then I ask for guidance. For me, I ask it from God. Then I let it go. Do you have a specific something that is niggling at you? Sometimes I also find that it is simply a mood and that if I get up and get busy, it will pass. I suppose in the past I wouldn't have had to sit with it for too long, because I would have gone to my default and simply numbed. AF is simple, not always easy. Learning to sit with these emotions and/or wait for them to pass is sometimes a challenge, eh? Hope you feel better as the day goes on! I'm fairly confident that you will.:happy2:

[MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], glad to see you! I wondered where you had got off to. I knew you were going to see your new grandbaby, but it seemed like you were away so long! Glad you are feeling better. I bet you loved meeting the new little bundle of joy!

24 more please.
          Last edited by dill; January 19, 2018, 07:06 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:19 am here in Jersey and it looks like we're hitting the low teens. It's funny to think that about a week ago we had a couple of days in the upper 50s.

Just some thoughts:

I got away from framing things as mistakes, errors etc.... To me if I do that I'm judging the choices, judging myself instead of accepting myself. My aim is simply to focus on "well, that happened. Not what I wanted so lets try something else next time." A simple reframe that isn't always easy depending on what the consequences were but largely, and there are exceptions, there is always time to change direction and that seems to me more worth my attention.

Sorry you're feeling out of sorts this morning [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] but like the attitude - "the only way out is through". Those are the moments that get me the most curious as it's by embracing and overcoming our adversities that we grow and make the days that start off with a song all the more glorious. For myself I've come to the conclusion that we are here to explore thus the curiosity.

Committing to another 24!
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Last edited by Orimus; January 19, 2018, 08:20 AM.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23850]empyr3al[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hola!

I’ve discovered that internet access is better in the morning, before most people wake up. Last night in the restaurant was a party of 5 couples and my guess is that they’d been drinking all day long, based on their behaviour and noise level. How embarrassing.

Another 24 hours for me, please & thank you!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Running late today, but here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

""Life can be difficult and painful just by its very nature, not because we're doing it wrong"" -- which leads into, ""Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"".-- Sylvia Boorstein writing about the first noble truth in Buddhism

It's 11:37 and I'm in for 24 more af hours..
                        Hope everyone has a good Saturday.

Comment

11.08 am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please!

Comment

7:40 am on this quiet Saturday morning. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

4:45 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X