~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

'Tis true, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Never regret not drinking, and at this point in my life, always regret drinking!

10:45am at 56F here in Ohio! It's wonderful! So glad I am not hungover and can enjoy it to the fullest!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please! Going strong.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you!

In 8 visits to the Caribbean, today I saw something for the first time. At 8:15 this morning, two couples arrived at the breakfast buffet, each holding a Dos Eqos. Guess the champagne and margeuritas they serve with brekkie aren’t good enough for them!

We were to have thunderstorms all day today yet here we sit at the pool in sunny, hot conditions, currently 34C!!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hello all - I'm checking in for another 24. Going to be having an emotional week so I'm using my tools.
          [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] - just wanted to tell you that you are rocking it!!! :yay:
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

“There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin

5:55 am here in N.Y. 45 degrees F and very windy! Asking for another 24 please....

Comment

Cooler and rainy today.
              Got so busy yesterday, didn't get a chance to check-in. Started reading, then boom!
              Sorry to be a day late on the cake [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION], didn't realize it was my turn!
              Thanks much [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]!
              Went out last night with old friends for dinner. several ordered beers, and then had a second. We were there for several hours, and I just thought to myself how annoyed I would have been just to have two beers, I would have been craving more. Thankfully I wasn't craving any last night!
              24 more please!

Comment

5:11 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A gloomy 43f here in Jersey at 8:11 am. Committing to another 24!

Congrats on the four years [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION]! That's awesome!

We're here whenever you need [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION].
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Ya got this Nora! You can FB Messenger me if you just need to chat...

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                      Went out last night with old friends for dinner. several ordered beers, and then had a second. We were there for several hours, and I just thought to myself how annoyed I would have been just to have two beers, I would have been craving more. Thankfully I wasn't craving any last night!
                      24 more please!
                      Two beers at dinner would have definitely woken the beast within! Not worth it!

Committing to another 24.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Suffering from a man cold the last couple of days, good thing I’m not drinking!

It was supposed to another wet day today but here we are at the beach in 33C temps and only a few clouds. Not bad!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check-in after a tiresome and frustrating day - I'll definitely take another 24 please

Comment

Hang in there Tony.....yesterday is gone, today is a clean slate.

Comment

“When the past calls, let it go to voicemail. Believe me, it has nothing new to say.” – Unknown

I apologize if I have used this quote before, but I thought of you [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] and the struggles that you are going through right now. Look hard inside yourself, the av is telling your mind that you want a drink....don't feed the voice and it will die.

6:15 am on a windy, cold day, with a few flurries kicking around. (the temp dropped 25 degrees overnight) Please grant me and anyone else another 24 lovely hours.
                              Last edited by Jude58; January 24, 2018, 06:20 AM.

Comment

I love the quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I don't remember hearing it before but no reason why we can't repeat good thoughts, eh? In fact, it's probably a good thing!

Here's another repeat thought: 24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X