No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great quotes this week Jude! Today’s made me think of how many times we talk ourselves out of doing something that we’re actually able to do. Just think about, how many times have you done that? I’d love a new afghan, but I can’t crochet. I’d love to play a guitar, but I don’t have time to learn. I’d love to find a quit that sticks, but I know it’s not going to happen. See what’s common here? “But” is common! That dang old word is nothing more than the beginning of your excuse! So we need to stop using the word “but” and start using the words “Yes I can”!

We’ve all been told that we can do whatever we want, be whoever we want to be. We all know that’s not really possible. There are many things that prevent dreams from becoming reality, so it’s actually the dream itself that isn’t reality. The things I mentioned above are achievable, for any of us! The problem is when we set unachievable goals for ourselves. We also have to remember another old saying “don’t bite off more than you can chew”. I want to be sober for the rest of my life, can I do it? I’m not sure, but I know I can be sober for today…
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
      Well, I guess I have to start getting up earlier or change my posting habits. After almost a year Bubba decided to go back to work and got herself a new job! That’s good I guess, but her start time is 7:45am so it’s playing havoc with our old morning routine. And I have to make my own lunch now on top of it all lol. Think the answer is just get out of bed when Pauly does, do you do wake-up calls Pauly lol. You guys on the east coast are way to early for me! Anyway, Bubba’s new job is full time part time. 3 days one week, 2 days the next, so it’ll still give her the time for her Church activities. Her new job is Office Administration at the Mental Health Unit working for the psychologists and addictions counsellors of all things!

Big adjustments, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I read that and my first thought was, "But how does this affect me?" LOL! We always used to say that at work when change came down the pike, and then we would laugh at the basic self-centeredness we all share as humans. So, I see now that you don't plan on stopping posting, just changing when you can manage to post. OK. I can live with that!!:happy2:
      Last edited by dill; January 25, 2018, 07:55 PM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Nah, you can’t get rid of me that easy Dill lol Or I should say it’ll take a lot more than that to get me to stop posting!
        Last edited by abcowboy; January 25, 2018, 04:55 PM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours times 2 please and thank you.

Our internet connection continues to be unreliable at best and as we fly home tomorrow, thought I’d ask for 2 days.

It’s been a wonderful reprieve from the reality of our winter at home but it’s time to go home and get back into my routine of long walks with my 4 legged buddy and fewer calories!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:16 here and asking for 24 more af hours.

Comment

“It is by going down into the abyss that we recover the treasures of life. Where you stumble, there lies your treasure.” – Joseph Campbell

I really like this quote, it says a lot in just a few words. As I read it a flood of memories came back to me, none of them good. So happy to be back out into the sunshine again!

Good Morning all! 5:55 am and a chilly 15 degrees here in N.Y. Asking for another 24 please!

Comment

A clear 21f out there at 7:21 am here in Jersey and looking forward to some bright sunshine. Committing to another 24!

So I was down in the city yesterday and my boss asked me about the product that was supposed to be throwing a bone to my co-worker. He then asks what I thought about it replacing the product that I've been working on! Honestly, throwing a bone my @$$!! Of course he sits next to the guy down at our NYC office whereas I sit in Jersey. I countered every one of his reasons why it's a good idea to do so and gave him a few more why it isn't but @#!*! I find my tolerance for stupidity to be rather low now.

Great quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].
                Last edited by Orimus; January 26, 2018, 07:33 AM.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Originally posted by Orimus View Post
                  9:32 am here in Jersey, 40f pretty gray out there. Feeling ornery as @#$!. I've spent the last four years implementing a system at work and this guy that's been with us a few months has been pushing to replace the whole damn thing. No significant justification, not a good ROI but for political reasons my team decided to let the vendor demo their system without asking my opinion first after I did the research when he mentioned it the first time I met him. Said they want to throw him a bone to keep him on our side instead of realizing their not throwing him a bone - their giving him legs! And now an old system that was shut down a while ago and I'm now working on putting a new implementation in place - their asking me questions about it because they think that it's still running! Again, there is no communication and the ones that I did share when we first discussed the project seemed to have fallen on deaf ears. For @%#!* sake!

Still significant muscle tension so between it complicating my sleep as well as the tension itself I'm sure my cortisol levels are pretty elevated. This @$#! should not be bothering me since it's senseless bull@$!%.

Anyway, no reason to drink. It would only make things worse and so close to a year .... committing to another 24!
                  I should have commented a couple of days ago, but hopefully better late than never! I felt your frustration and your post brought back similar memories of distressing and aggravating situations Mr. D endured at his work. (He's a software engineer among other things) People can make some really, really stupid choices and usually for self-serving reasons and because of a lack of shared history and common cause. I surely hope you are coping as best you can at work. I am also glad that you are not going to let the turmoil and if I may say, idiocy, affect your quit!:thumbsup:

Jude, I love the quote too. If you aren't careful you may be tapped for double duty being as you are so darn good at quote finding! LOL

Safe travels, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!

24 more here, please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; January 26, 2018, 07:51 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], I posted that before I saw your post this morning. Now may I add you sound just like Mr. D! Suffering fools is not in his wheelhouse either. LOL!
                    Dill

Comment

lol

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:27 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Be back later, got to Thanks QW!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Sunny and warmer, already 27F! Might see the mid-50's today.
                            Super busy.
                            24 more please.

Comment

I would like another 24 please.

Comment

Running by this morning at 8:54.. Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..

Great quotes, Jude!
                                Sorry about the problems you're having at work, Ori.. sounds extremely frustrating. Hang in there..

Comment

Working...
                                X