~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Had a big fallout Australia Day. Drank 16 Beers and smoked a pack of 26 cigs. That did it for me. Had a big tea tonight and stacked Vitamin B into me. Have also got some NAC , N cysteine which is supposed to help protect the liver and brain more by absorbing more toxins.

What’s important now is I get back on track so have my first 24 cig and Al free

Comment

“What progress, you ask, have I made? I have begun to be a friend to myself.” – Hecato

I've found that this is true.....It's hard to forgive myself sometimes for all of the crappy things that I've done to myself and others while under the influence. It's a painful process, but I am just beginning to see things as they were, to explore the wounds, and find the real person within. I'm a better person without the booze, and am just starting to like myself.

7:30 am in New York, 36 degrees F and rising, as is the wind.....it's a little scary when it's howling like this. We have some huge Maple trees in front of the house, and I'm always worried that they will come crashing into the living room when it's this windy!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

6:35 am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] (by proxy) abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], with each new day we each here have a chance at a new beginning.

I had a few moments of struggle yesterday but somehow managed to weather the storm. Committing to 24 more.

Another good quote, Jude!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

10:15 on a Saturday morning here in Jersey and the sun is glowing outside my window, 39f and bright. Committing to another 24!

Just keep getting up [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], keep walking. A thought occurs to me: in the scope of the universe we are all children exploring, falling, laughing, crying and sometimes scraping our knees or bumping our heads.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

You did a heck of a job on quotes Jude! Nothing like setting the bar higher for the old guy lol. I’m sure glad you decided to join us at MWO!

Glad to see you back Neo! You won’t find you quit that sticks unless you keep trying!

Dill, way to go on pushing those thoughts aside and remembering why you’re here….

Did your snow dance work for Calgary QW? It sure did up here! I might have to get a Bobcat in and push the snowbanks further onto the lawn, there getting almost too high to shovel over and more snow on the way!

Texted Adam this morning to run over to our farm and plug the tractor in. Going to need it to plow the 12 – 14” that fell out there! So that will keep me occupied and out of trouble on Monday!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy....I can't call you old because I'm right there behind you! I'm so glad that I joined this group....feels like family!

Comment

Back home and asking for another 24 hours, please and thank you.

Yeah Cowboy, the snow dance impacted us here. While we were away my neighbour didn’t have to shovel my driveway once, and, as I write this, it’s snowing. We left Cancun yesterday in +30 C temps, this morning the windchill was in the minus 20’s. I knew it was going to be a huge change but nothing prepares a person for it!

My 4 legged buddy was happy to see us this morning and she’s spent much of the rest of her day sleeping in her beds.

Mexico was a wonderful experience! The people, the resort were great. Touring the Mayan ruins at Ek Bellam was amazing!! This old guy (older than Cowboy!) climbed to the top of the pyramid to admire the view.
                    The only thing I would change is if the resort offered a package that excluded al as I’m sure we heavily subsidized the addiction of many.

And now back to reality!

Day 200 coming up next week!!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Please put me up for another 24

Comment

Hi Everyone- stopping by to say hi and grabbing 24 more.
                        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Morning.. It's 8:03 and I'm looking forward to these 24 af hours.. glad to have an entire Sunday in front of me.
                          Yes, thanks for the quotes this week, Jude..
                          Wishing you all a relaxing day.

Comment

Good Sunday morning all.....7:25 am in N.Y. Looking forward to another 24, and so very thankful! Well.....I'm not very thankful for this cat rolling around on my keyboard, and deleting this post twice.

Comment

Day 2 complete off AL & Cigs. Feeling prety good.
                              Last edited by Neo; January 28, 2018, 07:50 AM.

Comment

"Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success."
                                - Henry Ford

6:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22695]Inthesky[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; January 28, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X