~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

8:36 on a gloomy Sunday morning and looks like rains on the way, 47f. Committing to another 24!
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Figured I'd better get breakfast out before I pick up the shovel again

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:13 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

35F Damp and foggy this morning.
          On the road for a professional development seminar yesterday, and didn't have time to check-in. I really don't need the professional development, but it was just an excuse to see a whole bunch of old friends, and have a few meals out. A good time was had by all. Two dinners out and half the people at the table were not drinking. It's easier when no one gives a hoot whether you drink or not.
          24 more for all of us please.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I really like Henry Ford's quotes, they're down to earth and just plain make sense. Oh yeah.....Thanks for breakfast! Have fun shoveling! :happy2:

Comment

Perfect quote for the Café, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Fog has lifted and the day is bright and sunny. Perfect day not to drink! 24 more, please.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

12.45 am here in Scotland and off to bed after another long shift at work....but I'll just ask for another 24 please...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well, it’s back to routine. Nice not to be around lots of drinkers like at the resort but it’d sure be nice to be warm again!

Our next door neighbour shovelled my driveway for me this morning! Sure glad we don’t need a bobcat to push back the snow banks Cowboy.

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; January 28, 2018, 08:50 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7:57 and looking for 24 more af hours on this cloudy, rainy day!
                    Let's make this a good one..

Comment

6:05 am here in N.Y. Asking for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Cold and grey morning.
                        24 more please.

Comment

“I once heard a sober alcoholic say that drinking never made him happy, but it made him feel like he was going to be happy in about fifteen minutes. That was exactly it, and I couldn’t understand why the happiness never came, couldn’t see the flaw in my thinking, couldn’t see that alcohol kept me trapped in a world of illusion, procrastination, paralysis. I lived always in the future, never in the present. Next time, next time! Next time I drank it would be different, next time it would make me feel good again. And all my efforts were doomed, because already drinking hadn’t made me feel good in years.”
                          - Heather King

So true, in the end I drank because I needed to, not because I wanted to...that all important buzz meant everything to me, even if it didn't make me happy...

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Henry Ford and Abe Lincoln are my go to guys when I need a bit of a boost Jude!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Like the quote cowboy.....I was just like you. I drank because I needed to, not because I wanted to, and I was in too deep to know the difference.

Comment

8:26 am here in Jersey and just about time to shuffle off to the bunker. 39f and gloomy right now but weather.com says the sun should be coming out. Let's see. Committing to another 24!
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X