• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:44 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wow, another celebration in the Café, congrats on 5 AF months Jude! :goodjob:

I'm not sure if there is Cracker Barrel in Canada or not Dill, not that I've seen, but then again, I lead a pretty sheltered life lol.

Some reading and coffee time this Saturday morning, then out to shovel snow again!!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cloudy and cold today.
        Huge Congrats on 5 mos. Jude!
        Cowboy, your quote today reminded of that old Rolling Stones song, You can't always get what you want. But, if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
        I got everything I need, grateful.
        24 more please.

Comment

11:10 am on a Saturday morning here in Jersey and it's a cold 25 though the sun is out with a few clouds hanging around. Was wondering why it was so cold inside when I woke up until i found I left the window open in my office. Committing to another 24!

Congrats on 5 months [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!
          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
          Newbies Nest Roll Call
          Toolbox
          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Congrats on 5 months, Jude! You should celebrate with a trip!:happy2: Where in AZ does your brother live?

Comment

Congrats on 5 months Jude! Well done!!!

A vacation to Arizona would be great right about now. We’ve been to Phoenix, Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon and just love it. Well, not burning fingers on seat belt buckles in 117F temperatures but everything else!

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I'd love to go to Sedona, and the Grand Canyon, too!

Hey, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], congrats on 5 months! That's really something!
                Last edited by dill; February 3, 2018, 04:18 PM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the congratulations........I can't believe how quickly the days have passed. Lots of struggles over the past 5 months, but so very worth it in the long run.

LC my brother lives just outside Tucson. I remember the last time I went to visit him, the weather was the same everyday, sunshine, blue skies, warm temps. I told him that it got kind of boring after awhile. Well, I'm ready to take back my words, go back to Arizona, soak up some of that sunshine, and be bored. Won't ever complain about too much sun again.

Comment

Checking in late for 24 more please.

Hey Jude — woot hoot on five months!

Hugs all,
                    ML
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

it's 1pm here and I just got back from a lovely walk with a friend and her dog.. it was supposed to be cloudy and gray today, but the sunshine has come out to surprise us!
                      Jude, I love that area.. And this time of the year it's great to go and be bored! I agree with you, though. I love the change of seasons..
                      I'm happy to be in the middle of 24 af hours. Really feeling grateful to be sober..
                      Wishing everyone a nice Sunday.

Comment

"I may not yet be the man I should be or the man, with Christ's help, I someday will be - but thank God I'm not the man I used to be!"
                        ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

We here are not the people we used to be a short time ago when we were still drinking. I'm grateful for that! But we are now the people we once were and were meant to be. And at least we can now better work on being the people we "should be".

33F here predawn and waiting for the light. Gonna try a vegetarian chili in the crock pot today for the Superbowl. 24 more please.
                        Last edited by dill; February 4, 2018, 07:20 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas,another 24 please Congrats Jude on 5 months!!!!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Snowy and windy here in N.Y. , but at least the temp is a mild 30 degrees! Super Bowl Sunday...for many, it's just another excuse to get blotto, glad I'm not one of them. :happy2:

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Great quote dill!
                            Last edited by Jude58; February 4, 2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Figured I'd better get breakfast/brunch out!

Comment

Working...
                                X