~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Just after ten in the morning here in Jersey and the skies are leaden as we anticipate some "winter weather". So far it's just the gloom. All the better to appreciate the sun when it comes breaking through. Committing to another 24!
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

7:19 here and it's cold here, too!! Looking like it could be a sunny day again.
      Here's to Un-hung Mondays! Even though I'm not really in the mood to go to work :happy2:, I AM feeling pretty darn good instead of dreading the week to come!
      24 more af hours for all of us, please..

Comment

“Where you are coming from doesn't matter but where you are going does. Hence look forward and not backwards. Your eyes are placed in front of you for a reason. Your eyes only look backwards for special references. Keep your eyes on the road.”
        ― Oscar Bimpong

Snow over night. Wish I had Cowboy's business card! lol Looks like Mr. D is going to have to earn his keep today! :happy2:

24 more please.
        Last edited by dill; February 5, 2018, 06:19 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Love the quote dill! There is so much in my past that I regret, but I no longer dwell on it. I say acknowledge the past, learn from it, then let it go and move on.

15 degrees F and the sky continues to hurl white stuff at us....Surprise!

Another 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

7:34 and it's a gray morn' here in Jersey after yesterday's downpours. The snows missed us so we just got the rain. Committing to another 24!
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], like the quote. Reminds me of the following zen parable:

A senior monk and a junior monk were traveling together. At one point, they came to a river with a strong current. As the monks were preparing to cross the river, they saw a very young and beautiful woman also attempting to cross. The young woman asked if they could help her cross to the other side.

The two monks glanced at one another because they had taken vows not to touch a woman.

Then, without a word, the older monk picked up the woman, carried her across the river, placed her gently on the other side, and carried on his 
journey.

The younger monk couldn’t believe what had just happened. After rejoining his companion, he was speechless, and an hour passed without a word between them.

Two more hours passed, then three, finally the younger monk couldn't contain himself any longer, and blurted out “As monks, we are not permitted to touch a woman, how could you then carry that woman on your shoulders?”

The older monk looked at him and replied, “Brother, I set her down on the other side of the river, why are you still carrying her?”
            Last edited by Orimus; February 5, 2018, 07:38 AM.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

15F grey, and an overnight snow. More of the same expected this week, lol.
              No Superbowl hangover here. Well, maybe a bit of a sugar hangover, as Mrs. V made that Coconut cream pie. I'll bring the leftovers in for you all to enjoy.
              24 more here please.

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:13 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Now 11.15pm here in Scotland - but I'll still ask for another 24 please

Comment

I don’t often look back on my drinking days as I prefer to think of them as someone else’s, not mine. I try to remind myself that I was a different person then, not the person who I was before the drinking took over, not the person I was when I was drinking because he was a stranger, and not the person who I am now. I’m finally becoming the person I was meant to be.

But every so often, I’ll find myself in situation that I was in when I was drinking, I’ll shake my head, chuckle to myself, and wonder how on earth I thought drinking would help that situation! It took me a long time to figure out that drinking doesn’t help anything! Sure, there were times (few and far between I might add) that I could enjoy just a couple of drinks, but I remember also thinking that I really wanted more but the situation called for me to be sober. I didn’t want to be, but I did because it was the responsible thing to do. But all bets were off the very next day!

My past is just that, my past. I no longer look back on my drinking days, I choose now to look back on my sober days and use them as a reminder that I can get through any situation without needing a drink. I’ll always remember what my counsellor said; “it’s okay to look back at your past, just don’t let it get in the way of your future…
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m thoroughly convinced that our groundhog lied to us!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Loved the monk parable Ori! How not to carry the past along with us when there's no need to!

Dill, I've got my hands full with my own shovelling lol. And by the looks of the forecast, I'll be doing a lot more of it!

Waiting for my pie Mr V!!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; February 5, 2018, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I'll send the wolf down QW lol

Comment

“The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there.” ― L.P. Hartley, The Go-Between

Loved the lesson, Ori. Sometimes in life things come up that must be done to achieve a greater good and in the process longstanding rules may have to be broken. Difficult choices must be made, and actions taken. But then there is no need then to dwell on what's done. Yes, I really loved that story. Thank you!

Twenty-four more for all who seek it.
                              Last edited by dill; February 6, 2018, 06:49 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:50 in the morning here in Jersey, 27f and a sheet of steel encircles the sky. Committing to another 24!

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X