~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

More cold and grey here, snow expected tonight.
    Yes, what's done is done. I will let it go.
    24 more please.

Comment

Another 6-12 inches of snow on the way.....can I borrow your shovel cowboy?

Absolutely looking forward to another 24 and thank you!

Love the quotes dill!

Comment

Whereas the below is about a broken heart I think there are pieces in here worth considering in regards to our relationship with alcohol.

At some point in our lives, almost every one of us will have our heart broken. Imagine how different things would be if we paid more attention to this unique emotional pain. Psychologist Guy Winch reveals how recovering from heartbreak starts with a determination to fight our instincts to idealize and search for answers that aren't there -- and offers a toolkit on how to, eventually, move on. Our hearts might sometimes be broken, but we don't have to break with them.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Congrats on 1 month AF Tony!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's a lot of snow Jude!!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              That's a lot of snow Jude!!
              Ahhh....but your magic shovel will slay the driveway! :happy2:

Comment

If it was that magical, it wouldn't need me to operate it lol. And that just reminded me of something my grandpa said to me; "the best piece of advice I can give you is never buy anything with a handle because there's always manual labour attached to it" lol

Comment

Hmmm....your grandpa was a wise man!

Comment

5:52 am in vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

7.23pm here in Scotland - and another 24 please

Comment

7:06 here and looking for 24 more af hours!!
                        Have a good one..

Comment

Haven’t been in as spilt water on keyboard so another 24 please. Ordered a Logitech G613 and G603 mouse. Both Wireless and has Bluetooth so I don’t have to use wireless USB dongle
                          Last edited by Neo; February 7, 2018, 04:24 AM.

Comment

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it. ~Margaret Thatcher

I think we here can all agree with that one! I know I can anyway!

Originally posted by abcowbowy
                            My past is just that, my past. I no longer look back on my drinking days, I choose now to look back on my sober days and use them as a reminder that I can get through any situation without needing a drink. I’ll always remember what my counsellor said; “it’s okay to look back at your past, just don’t let it get in the way of your future…
                            I meant to reply to your post the other day, but never got around to it, so here I am now!
                            I sometimes find myself dwelling on past events and often when I do, it leads me nowhere good. But at the same time, it is important not to forget the past because of course, "what's past is prologue". It sounds like you have the best approach, cowboy. Your counselor had it right!

Predawn here and still snowing. All the area schools are closed for the day. There are going to be some happy kiddos today!
                            Last edited by dill; February 7, 2018, 07:49 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

7:30 am here in N.Y. Supposed to be a rough day weather wise....6-12 inches of snow coming, all of it within a 12 hour period. They are talking 1-2 inches of snow an hour at times. All schools and many businesses are already closed today. Unfortunately this doesn't include me. Love the beauty of a snow covered landscape but hate driving in it! Anyway, enough of that, at least I will be sober on the road today, as I often wasn't in the past.

I agree with the quote dill, can't tell you how many battles I've fought, as have most of the folks here. Another 24 please, and thank you!

Comment

5:00 am in vegas,another 24 please!
                                Last edited by paulywogg; February 7, 2018, 08:01 AM.
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X