~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The 3-5 inches of snow predicted did not fall, we got a 1/4 inch covering of ice instead. It will fun fun on the roads for a while! Wee!
    Congrats on 30 days, Toe Knee!
    Yes, Dill, We have all fought the battle many times, here's to winning.
    24 more please!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

9:27 am here in Jersey and the snow is falling lightly, 29f. Committing to another 24!
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

You know, I log in every morning and read through the posts and can’t help but be amazed at the people who have become like a second family to me! We talk about cold weather, snow storms, freezing rain, issues at work, tough family times, and even problems with our technology lol. Everyday things that would have been made out to be disasters if we were still drinking. But we don’t let those things distract us from what we’re really here for. Not long ago those very same things would have been excuses to drink, now we take them in stride. Now that’s what I call progress! There’s not a better group of people that I’d rather be associated with!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6.15am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please

Comment

quick fly by! 7:40 here and looking for 24 more af hours..

Comment

Hot hot hot 105 degrees today. Been having Vit C for any cigarette cravings this week. Shouldn’t be far off turning into an orange lol. Started Yoga this week at 6.30pm sweated a lot and really good so going to do it next week. Should help,on being in the present. Another 24 please

Comment

I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past.
                  ~Mike Rowe

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] I watched the TED talk you linked to the other day and I agree that much of the advice even tho meant for the broken-hearted, applies to us. In the beginning of this journey when we are leaving alcohol behind (or at least trying to) it is very much like a broken romance. Many aspects of our lives must change, not just the stopping drinking. It's important to see and understand that. I enjoyed listening to it. Thanks.

Hey, [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION], have you ever thought about trying vaping as a means to tapering and quitting cigarettes?

Yes, another 24 without alcohol is a good plan! Let's do it!
                  Last edited by dill; February 8, 2018, 06:39 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

The skies appear gloomy and threatening, but fortunately they are done spitting out all of that white stuff that's piled on the ground. Thankful for that!
                    [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] does Vit C help with nicotine cravings? I went cold turkey and have been NF for 5 weeks now, but lately have been having awful cravings, and have been so close to stuffing a ciggy in my mouth and setting fire to it! I guess that it's very much like quitting drinking, and much of the same rules apply to reach your goals. Just feeling a little sorry for myself today, and a little worn out trying to fight two battles at the same time.

As cowboy wrote in a previous post, you folks here are like a second family to me as well. I can say things here that I never would to anyone else. I don't go to counseling so you guys are it!:happy2:

Anyway, asking for another 24 for myself and for anyone else that needs it.

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], :hug: You're amazing tackling the two quits at once!
                      Last edited by dill; February 8, 2018, 08:01 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], :hug: You're amazing tackling the two quits at once!
                        Nah.....just insane!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I agree Dill, Jude and Neo got more willpower than I have to give up both at the same time! This is week 4 for me smoke free, the cravings haven't been too bad this week thankfully...

Comment

Wonderful news Cowboy! I keep trying to quit smoking but I get so grouchy! Congrats on 4 weeks 5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please,Jude and Neo I have read that vitamin c helps nic craving also sunflower seeds hit the reward center that nicotine does,google it if you get a chance
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congrats cowboy! I didn't know that you had quit....4 weeks is huge! I bet that your lungs are thanking you!

Comment

Working...
                                X