Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

20F and sunny this morning.
    Anytime the sun is out, makes me feel good. Starting to feel like spring, even though it still a few weeks away.
    Grateful to feel energized, not like a hungover slug.
    24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Well done on the 4 weeks off smoking AB, I am not ready to do the smoke quit yet ... although I am thinking about swapping to vaping... any thoughts or experience on that anyone? Anyway it's 10.05am here in Scotland and I'll have another 24 please!

Comment

5:45 am and 7 degrees F, it's really cold out there, but no snow in the forecast today! Asking for another 24 please, and thank you!

Not sure about the vaping Tony, never tried it. I just quit cold turkey and so far, haven't looked back.
        Last edited by Jude58; February 9, 2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
          ~Aristotle

Well done to you, cowboy! 4 weeks is awesome! I have never been a smoker but have been around smokers who quit. Mr. D and a brother. It was a real struggle for each of them but they hung in there! I know with your tenacity, you will too!

@toneyniceday, my son (age 35) is a smoker who knows he should quit but isn't ready for the challenge. I suggested vaping but he pooh-poohed the idea. Well, being a Mom, I went ahead and bought him a starter vaping kit for his birthday anyway. I then after a couple weeks asked him how he felt about it. He thanked me sincerely and told me he really liked it. He felt much better not having all that smoke taken in. He uses it supplementally, as I said earlier, he is not yet ready to quit cigs. He's working on other issues at the moment. But, he did find it very useful. My housekeeper quit smoking completely by switching to vaping and tapering. She tapered and quit the vaping, too. So, that's all I know. Hope it helps.

Let's seize 24 more!
          Last edited by dill; February 9, 2018, 07:14 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

28F and grey, again. I think I give a weather report every morning because it seems to affect my mood. It's the first thing many of us do in the morning, check outside to see what's happening.
            I smoked for 15-20 years, never more than a pack a day, usually much less. I tended to smoke only when I drank, which was every day. I could go all day without a smoke, but as soon as I had a beer, I was a smokestack. I quit cold turkey when my son was born 25 years ago. Luckily I had no problems with it, and only craved it when drinking.
            24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22857]Neo[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going the be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

A little cloudy here in Jersey at 8:26 am but the red orange streamers of the sun are slipping through. 24f. Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I like reading the weather reports that you guys post Mr V! And you're right, weather seems to be a common topic with everyone to discuss. As a matter of fact, I think I have more weather apps on my phone than I do sports apps lol. Y'all would get bored with my weather reports, cold, colder, freezing cold! Sunny or snowing! Ah yes, got to love winter in N.E. Alberta!

I don't have any experience with the vaping either Tony, I'm not actually nicotine free because I'm using a few pieces of gum a day to get through the tough spots. Bubba's grateful I didn't go back to chew for my nicotine lol. The first week was rough but now the worst part is the thought each morning of getting through the day smoke-free. We'll git'er done!

Pauly, if I could get away with smoking as little as you, I wouldn't even try to quit! Cigs are just like beer to me, one leads to so many others lol.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; February 9, 2018, 08:53 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here it's 8:55 am and 10 shades of gray.. a bit of snow on the ground, which is nice.. I love hearing the weather reports from all around, AB. Looking forward to hearing about little leaf buds and birds singing!
                      Here's to 24 more af hours!

Comment

It's 11.40am here in a wet and windy North East Scotland... think I'm gonna go "dual fuel" and experiment with the vaping...see if it works for me... in the meantime, I'll have another 24 please...

Comment

Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny.
                          They learn what to do and what to avoid.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I usually post before the sun arrives which is why I don't always mention the weather here. 36 and dark outside!

I was looking through some old photos last evening and came across one in which I clearly remember being quite wasted. It was in the summer tho and I had sunglasses on so my eyes were covered. But I remember it well. I did not want my picture taken at the time. I was ashamed of myself and didn't want a record. It's a wonder that photo did not get deleted! The photo was from way back in 2003! I was drinking alone and secretly even then! Well, not completely. I didn't hide that I drank, just how much. The photo was taken 6 years before I decided to "do something"! But I knew in my heart even then that I was going down. I kept looking at that photo and trying to conjure up what was going on in my life then. I was filled with sadness looking at it. I had to remind myself that it was only a snapshot. I wasn't a total disaster, but was clearly in some trouble. I was still 'learning what to do and what to avoid'

24 more please.
                          Last edited by dill; February 10, 2018, 07:03 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

35 degrees F, a bit of snow changing to rain later on....kind of a blah day.

Here's to another 24 hours and thank you. Also thanks for the great quotes this week dill!

Comment

35 F here in Jersey and the sky is heavy with leaden clouds at 7:53 am. Committing to another 24!
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Warm grey and wet 40F
                                quick fly-by
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X