~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I think it's supposed to be in the 70's again today(that's my weather report) 5:48 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's -16C (3F) in my part of Alberta, and I think it will be sunny as I saw stars in the sky when I took Hank out earlier this morning lol. No wind yet which is good!

Thanks for the great quotes this week Dill! I don't things that remind me of my former self, but they do serve to remind us what to avoid!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

it's 7am here.. 4°C and cloudy which just means cold rain and greyness.. should be some sunshine coming on Wednesday..
          yes, Dill, thank you very much for the quotes this week..:happy2:
          Here's to 24 af hours this Sunday!

Comment

10.10 am here in a chilly but sunny part of Scotland...and I'll have another 24 please...thank you

Comment

30 degrees, gloomy skies and freezing rain....think I'll stay inside today. :egad: Hope that everyone has an AF Sunday! I'll have another 24 please with a side of gratefulness!

Comment

A heavy gloom has settled in the heavens here in Jersey at 8 am on this Sunday morning. 42f and we're expecting rain. Committing to another 24!

Had a line caught in my head for a bit of a while now: where is that strength which in days of old moved both heaven and earth. Thanks to google turns out that's not quite the line but did find the poem it's from:

Ulysses

Alfred Lord Tennyson, 1809 - 1892

It little profits that an idle king,
                By this still hearth, among these barren crags,
                Matched with an aged wife, I mete and dole
                Unequal laws unto a savage race,
                That hoard, and sleep, and feed, and know not me.
                I cannot rest from travel; I will drink
                Life to the lees. All times I have enjoyed
                Greatly, have suffered greatly, both with those
                That loved me, and alone; on shore, and when
                Through scudding drifts the rainy Hyades
                Vext the dim sea. I am become a name;
                For always roaming with a hungry heart
                Much have I seen and known—cities of men
                And manners, climates, councils, governments,
                Myself not least, but honored of them all,—
                And drunk delight of battle with my peers,
                Far on the ringing plains of windy Troy.
                I am a part of all that I have met;
                Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
                Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades
                For ever and for ever when I move.
                How dull it is to pause, to make an end,
                To rust unburnished, not to shine in use!
                As though to breathe were life! Life piled on life
                Were all too little, and of one to me
                Little remains; but every hour is saved
                From that eternal silence, something more,
                A bringer of new things; and vile it were
                For some three suns to store and hoard myself,
                And this gray spirit yearning in desire
                To follow knowledge like a sinking star,
                Beyond the utmost bound of human thought.
                This is my son, mine own Telemachus,
                To whom I leave the scepter and the isle,
                Well-loved of me, discerning to fulfill
                This labor, by slow prudence to make mild
                A rugged people, and through soft degrees
                Subdue them to the useful and the good.
                Most blameless is he, centered in the sphere
                Of common duties, decent not to fail
                In offices of tenderness, and pay
                Meet adoration to my household gods,
                When I am gone. He works his work, I mine.
                There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail;
                There gloom the dark, broad seas. My mariners,
                Souls that have toiled, and wrought, and thought with me,
                That ever with a frolic welcome took
                The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed
                Free hearts, free foreheads—you and I are old;
                Old age hath yet his honor and his toil.
                Death closes all; but something ere the end,
                Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
                Not unbecoming men that strove with gods.
                The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks;
                The long day wanes; the slow moon climbs; the deep
                Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
                ‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
                Push off, and sitting well in order smite
                The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
                To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
                Of all the western stars, until I die.
                It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
                It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
                And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
                Though much is taken, much abides; and though
                We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
                One equal temper of heroic hearts,
                Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
                To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
                Last edited by Orimus; February 11, 2018, 08:09 AM.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks! -23C (-9F) and a bit more snow in the forecast for today..

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:46 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just getting breakfast out now, enjoy!

Anyone seen [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] around?? He's been MIA almost a week I think!

Comment

33F cold and wet. Rain, sleet and freezing rain on the way, wee! I'll take your weather report Pauly!
                        Gonna grab one of those sammichs, and run.
                        24 more please.

Comment

“If you have strength of character, you can use that as fuel to not only be a survivor but to transcend simply being a survivor, use an internal alchemy to turn something rotten and horrible into gold.”
                          ― Zeena Schreck
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], you did double duty today! When you posted the poem, I thought that was your quote of the day. I liked it very much, too. Isn't it funny how a line will pop into our minds like that. I am so grateful to google for being able to track things down like that. I tried to read the poem but found myself in over my head, so I googled for a reading of it and of course, voila! I listened and got a lot more out of it that way. Anyway I was really pleasantly surprised when you then posted again with your quote of the day. It was a good one, thanks!

Late check in, but definitely in for the 24!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

9.45 am here in a cold but sunny Scotland... at the start of my 2 days off (so the busiest days of the week!) And I'll have another 24 please, thank you!
                              Last edited by tonyniceday; February 12, 2018, 04:45 AM.

Comment

It's 27 degrees here just before dawn. Sunshine is forecast for the day! Yay! I was so tired yesterday and looking out my window I saw nothing but gray, damp, slush and mud. I am pretty sure that's why I felt so tired! Sunshine will be most welcome.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X