~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

30 degrees on another grey day, and it's Monday to boot, but at least it's a sober one.....Thank you and asking for another 24 please.

Comment

The Paradoxical Commandments

People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
      Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
      Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
      Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
      Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
      Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
      Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
      Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
      Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
      Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
      Give the world the best you have anyway.

― Kent M. Keith, The Silent Revolution: Dynamic Leadership in the Student Council

7:24 on a Monday morning, 41f and I haven't even cracked the blinds yet. Committing to another 24!
      Last edited by Orimus; February 12, 2018, 07:27 AM.
      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
      Newbies Nest Roll Call
      Toolbox
      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

24F and sunny.
        True words in today's quote, Ori.
        It's good not to dread the start of another week.
        24 more please.

Comment

5:28 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

What crazy weather! -26C (-35C) with the windchill this morning, tomorrow is supposed to be +1C (34F)!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; February 12, 2018, 08:30 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I thought I'd already been here today..:happy2:
              It's 14:55 here.. Happy about being midday in a 24 hour af day..

Comment

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], your post this morning reminded me of something very similar I had read and even posted here on MWO many years ago on one of the monthly threads. It was by Mother Teresa. The similarity was so striking that I had to google it and see where the true authorship originated. Here is what I found:

Mother Teresa: " Do It Anyway" (The Prayer Foundation).

Yours was the true original, but interesting that it is often attributed to Mother Teresa and the link explains why.

Excellent thoughts to live by!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:35 here and the birds are chirping.. might even be a sunny day. It was nice to notice yesterday that it was still light at 4:45 p.m!
                  Asking for 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

9.15 am here in North East Scotland....on a wet and windy Tuesday ... Not cold ...just yucky...but I'll have another 24 please, and thank you

Comment

22 degrees here in N.Y., cloudy but quiet. I stood out on the back porch this morning for a few minutes, and could hear the creek down below churning away. That, coupled with an owl calling in the distance made for a sweet start to my day. Another 24 please so that I can enjoy moments like these for many years to come. Sometimes you have to look hard for the good things in life, some days it just falls in your lap as it did for me today. Simple things....... Hope that everyone has a great day!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                        22 degrees here in N.Y., cloudy but quiet. I stood out on the back porch this morning for a few minutes, and could hear the creek down below churning away. That, coupled with an owl calling in the distance made for a sweet start to my day. Another 24 please so that I can enjoy moments like these for many years to come. Sometimes you have to look hard for the good things in life, some days it just falls in your lap as it did for me today. Simple things....... Hope that everyone has a great day!
                        What a sweet moment. Hopefully the memory of it will carry you thru your day.

24 more with all our senses open, please!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

22F here also, but sunny. Should warm up nicely today.
                          Yes, LC the sunlight hours are getting longer!
                          It is the simple things.
                          24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, count me in for 24 more please, and thanks...

-12C (8F) this morning, a one day reprieve from the bitter cold, but I'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; February 13, 2018, 08:06 AM.
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:13 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The quote yesterday reminded me of another old saying [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], dare to be different, and there's nothing wrong with being different!

When I was at the farm yesterday, I had to go into one of my old sheds that I hardly ever go into. As soon as I opened it, there sat a 24 pack of Budweiser empty cans! Over 3 years and I'm still being reminded that I had a problem. Wonder what Bubba's going to think when she see's it with all the other recyclables lol.
                                Last edited by abcowboy; February 13, 2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X