~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:30 and 40 degrees here in N.Y. We have a creek that runs through the lower part of our property, and it's trying to handle all of the snow melt that's going on. Love the sound! If you listen carefully, the earth will reveal many of it's secrets and stories. Simple as that.....

QW....I hope that things are going better for you, and thank you for coming back and trying again.

Here's to another 24, especially for those that need it most.

Good quote Ori.....might have to steal it one day. :congratulatory:
    Last edited by Jude58; February 15, 2018, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Interesting quote, Ori. I guess maybe sometimes on a subconscious level we know better where we need to be than we do on a conscious level and that shapes our choices along the way.

Rainy day in store, but a good day not to drink! 24 please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks....

Back to the deep freeze in these parts, -24C (-13F) this morning...it's been a brutally cold winter up here!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Downright balmy with 57F. Boatloads of rain.
          I've never really "planned" on where I intended to go on this life, just kind of let things flow. So I guess I am where I need to be.
          Reminds me of another quote I read long ago, don't remember who said it, " If you don't know where you're going, you'll probably end up somewhere else."
          Hope you're feeling better QW.
          24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Interesting quote Ori, when I read it, these thoughts came to mind; I don't think any of us intended or wanted to become alcoholics, but that is what happened to us. By realizing and accepting that fact, we are headed to where we need to be....AF....

Life is all about tough situations and tough decisions QW. Being in the early stages of recovery make those decisions hard to handle without falling back on our old escape mechanism, drinking. We've all been there, and we've all chose exactly what you did. That doesn't make it right, but it's a trap we all fall into. Those situations and decisions do get easier to handle with substantial AF time. And the only way to do that is to keep coming back! With your situation it could have been easy to stay in the bottle, but you didn't, so you know that some part of you wants to be sober, and you can make it happen! You can do it, I know you can!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas,another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Just back from a 6km slip n slide, er, walk, with my 4 legged buddy. We both needed it!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sounds like a nice walk, QW.. I sure admire you getting out there every day regardless of the weather.
                  it's 8am and I AM heading out for a run.. here's to 24 af hours!
                  Last edited by lifechange; February 16, 2018, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Morning all......55 degrees yesterday, back to winter today. Was nice while it lasted. Asking for another 24 please!

Comment

“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
                      ― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی

GMAE all. 55f here in Jersey with gray skies. Committing to another 24!
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Buckets of rain overnight, almost 2 inches, even a little thunder. More of the same today.
                        24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-9C (13F) here this morning, dang weather is like a yoyo!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Morning [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I expect you to the check in today, if you don't, you know I'll hunt you down with a text!!!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; February 16, 2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                              Morning [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I expect you to the check in today, if you don't, you know I'll hunt you down with a text!!!
                              Git er cowboy! :happy2:

Comment

It's 2.30pm in a Sunny but cool Scotland. I'll have another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X