Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My 4 legged buddy and I are getting supper tonight, could be duck and sweet potato kibble! Nothing as fancy as what Cowboy serves.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Nothing but leftovers for supper tonight here or I'd invite you for dinner, QW!

24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Actually the dog is far too protective of her kibble and she doesn’t play nice when it’s supper time!

What I’m preparing is about the easiest and tastiest recipe ever. Warning - contains meat!

An inexpensive roast of beef - blade, chuck - put into the slow cooker, sprinkle a package of Au Jus mix and a package of Ranch salad dressing mix over the top of the roast. Do not add water! Put a stick of butter on top along with 5-6 baby peppers. 7 hours, or less, later, on low temperature setting, it’s done. Very tasty, the meat almost falls apart.

Tonight I’m serving it with mashed potatoes and peas. For us guys, this guarantees serious brownie points!

My wife is looking after the grand babies all day so she’ll come home to a wonderful aroma in the house.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

QW....what time is dinner?

Comment

Thanks for the recipe QW,hubs just said he's sick of chicken so I'll give that a shot
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Roast in the crock pot? Mashed potatoes?! MMMMMMMMMmmmm. On my way!
              Last edited by dill; February 16, 2018, 02:15 PM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dinner is when everyone gets here!

The house is smelling wonderful already.

I forgot to mention that the gravy from this roast is the best!

Pauly - great to see you! I relapsed almost 2 weeks ago after 220 plus days af. Bad case of the feckits.

Hope anyone who tries the recipe likes it!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Nothing fancy about meals at our place QW, basically a meat and potatoes man here! And even breakfast for supper is just fine as well lol. I'll bet your roast supper tasted even better than it sounded, going to go down to the freezer and take out a moose roast for tomorrow! Pretty simple garlic butter shrimp and pasta here tonight keeping in line with meatless Friday's during Lent for Bubba and I.

Had a good day at work today, although it could have turned into a train wreck if I was still drinking....

Worked all day in a farm shop with these four little devil's sitting on a table! I set my green Contigo coffee mug right down beside them to show them who's the boss now!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had breakfast for supper last night - turkey bacon, onion and cheese omelet. Some good!

We’re pretty much meat and potatoes at our house too. The roast turned out well tonight and the house smelled wonderful when my wife got home.

I bet a moose roast will be awesome using this recipe. I’d suggest checking doneness about 4 hours into the cooking time as the roast I did was essentially cooked then.

Good for you for ignoring the 4 little devils on the table Cowboy!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Cold but sunny this morning, and lots of birds singing. I'll take it any day, as well as another 24 please!

Comment

33F with a rain/snow mix expected. Lovely.
                        Working today and tomorrow.
                        Salmon and salad for dinner last night.
                        24 more for all of us, please!

Comment

Where did all the booze come from Cowboy? Was it hidden in the shed?

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-17C (1F) here this morning, and another date with a snow shovel!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for another week of great quotes [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just about every farm shop around these parts has a "bar" area set up in it Mr V. And most of the farm houses have a side table set up in the open as well. It's to have refreshments handy in case someone drops in. If I would have turned around and took another picture, it would have showed the actual booze counter, and a full stocked fridge for refrigerated beverages! Mike must have been in a hurry and just set the stock up supplies on the drinking table instead of on the booze counter lol. I find myself in that situation quite often, working in an area that has every opportunity for me to go on a run away lol.

I'm going to give your recipe a go with the moose roast QW, will let you know tomorrow how it turned out!

Comment

Booze in a farm shop?! Time was I would have seen that as a really good idea, but now..... I don't get it! LOL! Now I am more amazed than ever that you ever made it to sobriety [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION]! Well done!

24 more here in Ohio, where farm stores are farm stores and bars are bars and never the twain shall meet! LOL
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X