Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yummy! Haven't had a BLT in a hundred years..:happy2:
    I agree, AB, that quotes can show up more than once.. they can reach us differently, depending on so many things.
    Loved that one about fairy tales, Ori..

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

My little buddy and I braved the elements and did our 6km walking route this morning. We had 10cms of fresh snow and a windchill of -26C. When we got home, I shovelled while my little buddy warmed up in front of the fireplace. She has a nicer life than I do!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim."" --Frida Kahlo

Short and sweet and it actually made me laugh when I read it yesterday.. 'cause isn't it so true?! I have finally learned that I can NOT drink my sorrows away.. when I come out of the stupor they will still be there and multiplied. Wish I hadn't had to try that one out so many times!

It's 7:04 and bleak here this morning.. but looks like the sun could shine at some point. Happy to be Un-hung and beginning another 24 af hours.

Comment

6:30 am....woke to gusty winds, but warm temps. [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] great quote. It is not the sorrow that we drown, only our souls. Here's to another 24 for myself and for anyone else that needs it. Have a great Monday all!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
            It is not the sorrow that we drown, only our souls.
            You got that right, Jude! Those words may resurface some time in the future as one of our daily quotes when it's my turn! LOL!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], your O'Douls dream does show great progress! I think you are showing that even on the subconscious level, you choose to be af. That's awesome!

We travelled to Adams County yesterday which is a two hour drive from here to see some family that was in from Colorado. It was an effort but well worth it. Nice to be able to reconnect after many, many years. The grandchildren liked their "distant cousins" so much that they are now clamoring for a trip to Colorado!
            "Are we there yet" was the phrase of the day during the 2 hour trip yesterday....not sure how we make the trek to Colorado! LOL!

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; February 19, 2018, 10:47 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Sun shining here in Jersey, 30f. Looks like a lot of the snow that fell the on Saturday is already gone. Day off for President's Day but for some reason it feels a bit wrong not to be at work as if I'm going to get that email or phone call at any moment. Think I'll get over it though! lol Committing to another 24!
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

54F here with rain coming, forecast says no rain, radar tells another story.And so does my arthritis. lol
                  I laughed out loud at the quote too, LC. Jude is right, that's the main reason I quit drinking, I was feeling that I was existing, not living.
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I used to run around Adams County as a teenager, drinking beer and smoking weed. I know damn near every back road and covered bridge in the county. North Pole road, Fishing Gut road to name a few! Friend and I double dated girls from West Union. Know a few good swimming holes on Eagle creek too. Big Amish country.
                  24 more please.

Comment

Kind of a decent day out there this morning, -19C (-6F) and hardly a breath of wind! I'll take it!

I like that quote LC, and Jude's take on it as well. I'll go one step further though and say we all tried to drown our emotions, our feelings, our very selves...but I guess in a way that is what makes up our soul. And you're right LC, no matter how many days we stay drunk, those things resurface when we sober up, booze didn't magically solve them for us. And we do it time and time again, not learning from the last time...

It's a day off here in Alberta, known as Family Day, so today Bubba and I will call/skype with the 3 girls who are too far away to visit, and get together with Adam and Darcie for brunch. We try to make it as much as a "family day" as we can lol.

You made me laugh Dill, "are we there yet" is a phrase I heard all to often as the kids grew up!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Even in retirement, there’s something special about a long weekend! Part of today was spent walking my 4 legged little buddy in cold but sunny conditions. Then my wife and I discussed a presentation put on last week by Parkinson’s Alberta. The presenter has Parkinson’s, his wife is partially paralyzed from a stroke a couple of years ago. They travel all over the world! We can’t wait to use some of the suggestions they made on our next trip.

Hope everyone is having a great af day.

Great quote LC!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7.00 on a grey morning here in Scotland...but I'll have another 24 please, and thank you!

Comment

7:30 am here in Jersey and the start of a short work week. 49f and the clouds are heavy with rain but have yet to avail themselves of tears. Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

60F crazy! We reached 73 yesterday, tied for a record high, and expect high 70's today, insane. Boatloads of rain coming the next week. The Ohio river is already over flood stage, and some roads are closed. After this week's rain, it will be into people's houses. It's been 3 years since the river was this high. If it hits projected highs it will reach levels not seen since 1997, a huge flood around here.
                            I'm not in any danger, and most of the people effected, chose to live along the river, and accept the fact that it floods, and are used to moving their furniture to the second floor, lol. I could not abide. You pay for your view I guess.
                            Any way, I won't be around for the mess, headed to the mountains of Colorado tomorrow for a week with Mrs V for a little skiing. I'll be gone for a week, so if I miss posting, I have no internet. back on Feb 28.
                            24 more for all of us please

Comment

Happy skiing Mr. and Mrs. V! Very warm in N.Y. today with more rain. Here's to another 24....have a great Tuesday all!

Comment

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-15C (2F) and we have a warming trend moving in this week! Maybe the bitter cold is gone for good!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Running late this morning, tablet decided to do a bunch of Windows 10 updates!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Have a great time Mr V! Make sure you come back in one piece eh! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X