~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I didn't know the Ohio River was so high, Mr. V! I'll keep an eye on things for you! Have fun!

24 more for me on a Sunny, warm, spring-like day in beautiful Ohio, please.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""A depressing and difficult passage has prefaced every new page I have turned in life.""--Charlotte Bronté
      "Too often, in the grip of change, we lose sight of what we are becoming. Did you ever wonder how it would feel to be a grub and then turn into a winged creature? It helps us to endure the depressing passage if we can remember that we're being prepared for a new stage of our lives, one in which perhaps, we will leave our old selves as far behind as the dragonfly leaves the larva."

Let's not lose sight! Each and every day we are growing..
      It's 4:10 and I'm quite grateful to be in the middle of 24 af hours. Hope everyone is doing well..

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

A beautiful, sunny day here but still cold. I heard this morning on the radio that so far this month, we’re 8 degrees C colder than normal and usually in January and February we receive 30cms of snow. So far, 43cms have fallen. Not impressed!

MrV, safe travels and enjoy the skiing!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Enjoying a break from the cold and snow. Yesterday the high was 69 degrees and today promises to be another warm one. The bees from our hives came out in droves to check out the nice weather. Unfortunately, they will be quite unhappy when winter comes back. :sad:

Hope that all in the cafe are doing well, and here's to another 24!

Comment

11.30 here in a sunny and bright Scotland....and I'll have another 24 please, and thank you!

Comment

All time record high for Feb. here, 79F! Returning to cold later this week with buckets of rain.
              A friend, who works for the newspaper here, took this photo.
              Gotta go pack for the trip, leave at noon.
              24 more for all of us please.

Comment

7:54 am and hitting 60f here in Jersey on this gray Wednesday morn. Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

So much for our warming trend, -30C (-22F) here this morning! Quite a difference from you Mr V! The river obviously flooded it's banks, hopefully won't get too much worse with the extra rain! As they say, there is something good in everything, the ducks and geese are enjoying it! lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know LC, everyday I remain sober, I'm always excited to see what new things sobriety has in store for me the next day!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cloudy and wet here but still, a good day not to drink!

Hey LC, where did the second quote come from? Was it also from Bronte? Doesn't sound like her. Anyway, if I get to choose, I'm going with the first one! I'd rather compare myself to a voracious reader than a voracious larva! LOL!

24 more please, and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; February 21, 2018, 10:45 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""the healthy, the strong individual, is the one who asks for help when s/he needs it whether s/he's got an absess on the knee or on the soul.""--Rona Barrett

Learning to ask for help is a biggie for me.. I'm pretty good at seeing when others need it and in offering help.. but asking when I'm in need? Learning!

Dill, that last quote was from a book where the author quotes someone and then goes further with her take on it.. with regards to recovery, it's like a daily meditation.:happy2:

I'm late today at 6:45pm and have to run to make some dinner..
                        Hope everyone is having a good day..
                        Have a great trip, Mr. V!
                        Last edited by lifechange; February 21, 2018, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I better get my arse back here soon. Its ugly out there. Frankly, I'm scaring myself. Dear God, please help me to choose sobriety. MWO is the only place thats helped me be sober. Have thoughts of death. Daughter getting married. other is sick, but graduating with masters. It took me hours to reserve parking. My skin is greyish... Have't eaten all day. Hubs, is distraught. Went out yesterday oops monday (sales) for 9 hrs of shopping... Feel and look horrible. But, somewhere inside of me wants to live. Reading about self sabotaging. Read its about rescuing self from thoughts and feelings. Why Why Why do i do this? Empy, am i bat shit crazy? Really not sure i can get my shit together. Thinking about all this is making me more crazy if thats even possible. self loathing is a horriblle, isolating so painful... :nutso: There still must be some compassion and caring in me. I feel numb... Please pray, please help......

Every dress tried on looks like shite. Cant wear high heels anymore. Feck cant find dress in sage. very depressed
                          Last edited by Wildflowers; February 21, 2018, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Great to see you Wildflowers! I think a lot of us have been in the same place that you’re in right now. You made a great choice coming back to the friendly, helpful folks at MWO. Have you posted in Newbie’s Nest yet? There are many members better qualified than I am to offer help and guidance. I’m sure you’ll be hearing from them soon.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great to have you back [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]!

Originally posted by Wildflowers
                              MWO is the only place thats helped me be sober.
                              If this is true, then why do you leave? We can't help you if you're not here.... This crazy thing we have with booze is so hard to get away from. Even though we think alcohol has all the answers, we know from experience that it might seem to help in the short term, but it really does only make things worse!

It's time to get back to checking in everyday, maybe even start counting your days on the roll call, and if you need someone to talk to, you know I'll gladly give you my number! :hug: You can beat this thing, just dig a little deeper! There's a great big wonderful sober world out there just waiting for you to join....

Comment

Checking in happy, sober and living life. I’ll gladly take 24 more. OMG — our weather has been Chamber of Commerce perfect. I wish I could bottle some and send it to all of you.

Wildflowers — glad you’re here, safe. In just a couple of days you will feel, and look, better. I know you know that. It’s just so damn hard to go though it to get there. Don’t worry about the other stuff. (I can’t wear heels anymore either but there are some great flats now.) Just please don’t drink. Praying for you sister.

Peace, love and hugs to all.
                                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X