~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's so good to see you, Wildflowers.. we've been worried about you. I think the best thing you can do right now is stop drinking. Just for this day.. if you have alcohol in the house, pour it out. Don't buy any more. Eat a little something first thing in the morning. Have a bath or a shower. Take it minute by minute if you have to but don't drink no matter what. You can deal with problems, worries, stresses tomorrow or the next day when you begin to feel a bit better.. which you will. Your skin will regain it's colour, your eyes will shine again.. you know this, but I want to remind you. Most of us drank at least partially to escape.. the problem is, we don't escape.. we just postpone the inevitable while making things worse.. Big hugs to you. The first steps are so hard.. but so worth it. Just get through this day first, however you can.:hug:

Comment

Morning everyone! 30 degrees with light snow here....wishing all another 24 please and thank you!

Keep trying Wildflowers!

Comment

6:38 on a Thursday morning. 43f with rain on the horizon. Of course I have to trek down to NYC. Yesterday we hit 78f and today we're back to the 40s. <sigh> Guess I still better bring my jacket. Committing to another 24!

Glad you're here [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]! What would you say to your daughters if they were in your shoes, were feeling like you're feeling? Give yourself a great big hug dear like you would give to them. Might it not be better to also focus on what you can wear, what you can do? Just a couple thoughts. Keep talking though, keep telling us how you feel. Hell of a lot better than keeping it to yourself and feeling alone with it. We can't be there for you that way. :hug:
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Wildflowers, listen to all the good thoughts that have been offered to you here. You can come back to the land of the living and you will feel worlds better.:heartbeat:

24 more please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more sounds good to me, please and thanks..

What a country I live in, -30C yesterday morning, -24C when I went to bed last night, -13C (6F) when I got up this morning! Maybe the warming trend finally got here!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=23019]tonyniceday[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sure hope to see you back here today [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION]! As you can see from the posts above, there are lots of us in your corner!

I meant to say a few words about your quote yesterday [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but when I got home I had my own thoughts to contend with lol. Anyway.... that's so much like most of us, not asking for help. I'm still like that in a lot of ways, and often when I'm struggling with something I hear Bubba say "why don't you give Adam a call and have him come help you". I'm not sure if it's pride, humiliation, or embarrassment that keeps us from seeking help, maybe a bit of all three. But sooner or later we realize that there are some things we just can't do on our own....

And the second part to this is, what are we teaching our kids? I already see it in my kids, trying to do everything on their own when asking for a little help would make things easier. I try to stress the fact that there's no shame in asking for help, we all need it from time to time....
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

6:35 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

8Fand snowing in the mountains.
                  24 more please.

Comment

""Today I affirm I can not change the hurt of my past, but I can decide to stand tall in my healing and march forward with my lessons in hand and heart intact."" -- alex elle

This was a timely quote as I met up with someone today to find some closure.. I went without expectations and without holding grudges, with an open heart, and it worked. It helped. So my lesson was, hurt of the past can't be changed, but I can let go. Damn it's hard sometimes, though!

Late again today.. 830pm and my last busy day. TG tomorrow IF! Hope everyone is having a good 24af hours.. Hang in there.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

It’s a little less freezing today which made walking my little buddy a bit easier. Still, like Cowboy, we’re experiencing colder than normal temperatures and more snow.

I guess it’s OK to have a new whine, eh? Mine is, “I want to go back to Mexico”!

Hope everyone’s having a great af day!!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Breezy morning here in N.Y., 35 degrees with freezing rain in the forecast. Blah! Trying to stay positive, but it's a little rough today.... Might have to post something on the gratitude list, it does help to keep things in perspective.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

36f and more rain expected today, 7:19 am here in Jersey and the skies are heavy. Woke up this morning ready to start the day, jumped in for a long warm shower and as I was about to get dressed noticed it was only 3:30 am. Lol Had to check both my phones and the cable box before I believed it. :happy2: Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I'll give you something to be grateful for, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Be grateful it was my dog, not yours, that got into it with a skunk! Peeeeyouuu!:egad: LOL Had to give her a bath and wash her bedding as well yesterday, but she's smelling like a rose today. (Well, if your rose smells like dog that is!:happy2

What [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION]?! ! Up and going at 3:30? That's just crazy!

24 more, please.
                            Last edited by dill; February 23, 2018, 07:30 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I tried to find a good gratitude quote.. :love:
                              Here's a short video of Maya Angelou speaking that inspires me every time.. and it makes me grateful to be where I am!
                              Ha, Ori!! That's happened to me before.. crazy, eh?
                              Here's to another 24 af hours!

Maya Angelou for Schomburg NYPL - YouTube
                              Last edited by lifechange; February 23, 2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; February 23, 2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X