~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry you are feeling poorly, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Sending you some virtual chicken soup to help cure what ails you!
    Thanks for the week of good quotes!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

It finally warmed up, all the way to freezing! Ever nice to walk the dog without wearing a parka.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Saturday!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] for a week of great quotes, and to end it with this one today! We are victims of our past, but we are survivors headed for a better future!
        Last edited by abcowboy; February 24, 2018, 07:14 PM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

8:55am here .. sunny and so cold here this morning. Though nothing like you're all having there in Canada and NE U.S... Were you in that picture, AB?
          I'm sure looking forward to a big breakfast.. no pressure!:happy2:
          Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!
          How are you doing, Wildflowers?:hug:

Comment

"I always drank, from when it was legal for me to drink. And there was never a time for me when the goal wasn't to get as hammered as I could possibly afford to. I never understood social drinking, that's always seemed to me like kissing your sister."

Stephen King

I also never understood social drinking; I spent many drunken hours with just me, myself and I. It just became too embarrassing, wondering what I might have said or done the night before. In those days, sometimes I just wanted to sleep forever and relieve the pain of those wakeful hours.

Here's to another 24 for myself and anyone else that needs it. Have a great AF Sunday all!

Comment

47f and raining here in Jersey at 7:34 am. Unfortunate since I've been playing with cell phone photography for my dating profile and can't get any outdoor shots. Committing to another 24!
              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], might try boiling some sliced garlic in water and using that water to make tea. Herbal, green or black is fine. Add some honey. The garlic is a natural antibiotic and the honey antiviral. No milk.
              [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], :hug:
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Picked up a wooden plaque yesterday at the Zen Shop. It says "Not to spoil the ending but everything is going to be OK." Told the girl at the register it was for my home office where I do my writing. lol Not even a chuckle while I was laughing the whole way home.
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Jude, great quote.. I was the same.. I didn't trust myself to drink in public.. and thus spent so much time at home alone and drunk. Such a sad existence. Sometimes I can't believe it was me who did that. On a day like today, a typical Sunday, sun shining through, I'm sick and not going out, but I'm so enjoying my day.. reading and painting and listening to music, making granola and hanging out with you all. :happy2:

Thanks for that, Ori! I feel like I'm overdosing on ginger and garlic.. definitely warding off evil spirits.. and anyone else who might come around today..ha!

Comment

p.s. Orimus, I was wondering what you do professionally/for work? Something with computer programming? and the writing?

Comment

I was a psychiatric aid but in the course of freeing myself from al I transitioned into IT Security for healthcare. Ultimately, however, I'm heading towards the writing life.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Best git some breakfast rustled up before I get to talking again...

Comment

6:02 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm not sure I'd call that a "transition" Ori lol, but at least you stayed in the healthcare field! It's funny how IT Security has become so important as technology creeps it's way into every part of our lives.

Not me in the picture LC, just a pic that Google found for me haha. I wonder how many of us take real pictures anymore? I remember taking my roll of film down to the drugstore to have it developed then turned into prints. The excitement of waiting for them to come back so I could see how they turned out! I'd have to spend some time now to even find our photo albums cause they are all boxed up and put in storage. Now, I take pics with my phone, show them to few people, email or text them to whoever I want to see them, then delete them....just doesn't seem right...

Funny thing how most alcoholics end up drinking alone. And probably for so many different reasons. I drank alone just so people wouldn't see how much I drank. For the most part, I remained pretty good when out at social functions, but at the bar or a house party things were definitely different! I'm pretty happy now that people have come to appreciate my sobriety, they have a designated driver whenever I'm around lol.

Not much planned for today, had a great day yesterday out in the fresh air! My truck definitely needs washing and the weather is warm enough that all the windows and doors won't freeze shut after I wash it lol.

Comment

8F and still snowing in the mountains, sun trying to peek through.
                                Hope you're feeling better, LC.
                                You do write well, Ori.
                                Thanks for the breakfast and pictures, Cowboy, you should save a few on your laptop or hard drive. I can't seem to delete too many. One more thing to organize, lol.
                                Waves to all.
                                24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X