~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Loving every minute of this unhung Sunday morning with friends! Thanks for all the good reading.

And what's that I see outside? Sunshine?! Can't ask for much more than this!

Committed to 24 more.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Maybe tom.. Thank you!...

Hoping u feel better soon LC... :hug: Steam may help. Adding to tea like Ori said. Honey may also help with gut flora when all that mucus drains. When we were kids nana or mama would rub Vick's vapor rub and cover with flannel or towel. Today many think ACV has a cure for most everything. Thats all I can muster up. Still thinking on Cowboys ?. Appreciate the support~responses. Prayers Marylou!... Thank you!... Thank you for relating. Baked a pound cake. Wished I'd read the other day everyones love and care, before stopping at bottle store. I'm reading a bit and trying to find my way back/OUT!... :hug: [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] you out there? Kim isn't responding, but believe she may need us. Never give up on hope. Hope my anguish keeps someone from drinking. Well, it helped the sober ones in AA anyway. That was a long x ago. :love:

I tried to find the tool box a wk or so bk. Couldn't find. Thought it used to be under M-Abbs.
      Last edited by Wildflowers; February 25, 2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], fixed the links in my signature. There is one there for the toolbox.
        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
        Newbies Nest Roll Call
        Toolbox
        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I don't see it Ori. Knew some Nesters keep it in their's, but clicked on it and nothing... Don't think it just went poof... It must be here.

Comment

[MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], I'm so glad to see you back again today! I'm not sure why you aren't seeing the link for the Toolbox in Ori's signature, but it is there. Here it is:

Last edited by dill; February 25, 2018, 06:56 PM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thank u sweet [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] I see it in yours, but not Ori's.. I checked his profile too. going to click on your link and hope for a soft and safe landing. thxs again

Comment

It worked [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. thank you.... It's under starting out. thought i looked there couple wks bk. just glad its still here. had needed and maybe more importantly wanted to read it late one night. it helped me many times over the yrs. :love:

Comment

:sohappy: [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION], :hug:
                  Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Spent a very enjoyable morning watching my grandson play hockey and then treated brekkie at the Farmer’s Market. Great way to spend part of the day! The best part was saying goodbye. My granddaughter gave me a big hug and said “I sure love you Granddad”

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

5:25 here and I'm looking forward to 24 af hours.. Can't yet tell how the weather will be. Dark!
                      Thanks so much for all of the advice! Got out of bed at midnight to do a wick's steam and rub.. helped a bit, I think.. but I will go to the doctor today to at least get a super power cough repressent for the night!

Wildflowers, I am so happy to see you back in the Café!:love: You were missed.. I've also wondered about Ssd..

Wishing everyone a good Monday..

Comment

“Amazing how we can light tomorrow with today."– Elizabeth Barrett Browning

One short sentence sums it up in a nutshell. There are many events in our lives over which we have very little control. Staying sober enables us to differentiate what we can and cannot change, to learn to navigate and accept the things that we have no control over. It also helps us get through a lot of rough times without the temporary fix of alcohol......something that took me far too long to realize. In the past, Sundays were my heaviest drinking days. I would start early and continue drinking until bedtime. (or whenever I passed out) The decision not to drink yesterday, makes today a much brighter day.

Here's to another 24 and thank you!
                        Last edited by Jude58; February 26, 2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

7:43 am here in Jersey and the sun is supposed to scatter these damn clouds later on. Hitting 54f right now. Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

4:49 am in Vegas,another 24 please hi Wildflowers,great to see you!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16893]Wildflowers[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill,did you watch TWD? It was so sad
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X